Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Bikes
    1980s Ciocc San Cristobal, 2000-ish Ciocc Titan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trek330 View Post
    To think I thought I got a deal with my $25 nashbar pedals!!
    Hey, I bought three Servizio Corse sew-ups for my Ciocc for only $50 from Yellow Jersey in Madison, WI so I believe I got a great deal too!
    "A bicycle built by a frame builder has the soul of the builder. A mass produced frame does not have soul. It doesn't know anyone." - Giovanni "Ciocc" Pelizzoli.
    “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” - Benjamin Franklin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My Ciocc San Cistobal
    Visit my website at http://ciocc-cat.angelfire.com/

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bykemike View Post
    I may change the gearing. It comes with a 50/34 chainring set up and I think I would do better with a 48/32 if they are available.
    Not sure what cassette comes on it but it is probably an SRAM 9 speed 12/26 (according to the Cannondale web site).
    If that is the case I think you can get an 11-32 from Bike tires direct for about $36.
    You should be able to climb just about anything with 34 in the front and 32 in the back as long as your DR can take up the slack.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too like the looks of that bike and the red bar tape. OTOH I do not think the compact crank is a very good trade for the tripple. For gentle terrain the 34 tooth will be fine, but when the hills get really hard, you will want that 30 tooth chainring.

There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot

My Bikes
    1983 Pinarello Treviso ,2008 Specialized Tarmac, 1984 Ciocc, De Rosa 1982, Fuji Absolute 2.0 touring bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Not sure what cassette comes on it but it is probably an SRAM 9 speed 12/26 (according to the Cannondale web site)."

Actually this is a ten speed cassette with the low gear being a 27. Perhaps my best way to go is, as you suggest, a cassette with a low of 32 but from appearance I will need to change the RD.
    In Florida it is not like I can pop over to the local hill and try it out. I have been doing some bridge climbs from a dead stop to get a feeling for the low ratio but I'm sure it isn't the same.

Mike
    "ready to navigate"

My Bikes
    Cannondale, Trek, Raleigh, Santana
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bykemike, While we can often make a slightly small frame fit, it's much more difficult to get a slightly large frame just right, IMHO. Good purchase.

Near the end of '97 I went to my LBS with an ad in Bicycling for a new Trek MTB asking if he had any. He had just recieved the ordering info the day before and since Trek had changed their MTB sizing he ordered me two. A few days later it arrived, I picked which one and I'm still happy with it.

Brad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12