User Tag List

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Taste of Victory...well, sort of.

Today I decided to extend my normal 26 mile bike ride to 52 miles. As a result I got to a point about 10 miles from home which was essentially closed to traffic because of a Women's Triathlon which was scheduled to come through. A state trooper standing at an intersection waved me through because apparently either he did not care since I was riding a bike or he misunderstood and thought I was part of the race. In any case, for the next few miles I found myself biking past a few spectators in lawn chairs at the side of the road. One mother was just in the act of urging her child to wave at me when she realized that: a. I was not a woman and b. I was not part of the race. Not exactly a TDF crowd but I still appreciated the illusion that I was actually at the head of something. It was a lot like years ago (many years ago) when I lived in NYC and wanted to see my wife off on a flight to Mexico for her vacation. We were still just dating so it was a very romantic gesture as I was riding a motor scooter in those days. New York was preparing for a visit from Kruschev and the Expressway leading to the airport was just in the process of being cleared. For some reason I was able to travel along unhindered on the empty road bordered by the paraphernalia of a visit by an important head of state.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you stayed in the drops and tried to look ladylike.
    oldschool areodynamic brick

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did not know you were a cross dresser.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Bikes
    2015 Trek Domane 6.9 disc D/A Di2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclinfool View Post
    We did not know you were a cross dresser.
    Lycra will do that to ya.
    2015 Trek Domane 6.9 Disc D/A Di2~2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2015 Trek Farley 6 FAT bike~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR