User Tag List

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Taste of Victory...well, sort of.

Today I decided to extend my normal 26 mile bike ride to 52 miles. As a result I got to a point about 10 miles from home which was essentially closed to traffic because of a Women's Triathlon which was scheduled to come through. A state trooper standing at an intersection waved me through because apparently either he did not care since I was riding a bike or he misunderstood and thought I was part of the race. In any case, for the next few miles I found myself biking past a few spectators in lawn chairs at the side of the road. One mother was just in the act of urging her child to wave at me when she realized that: a. I was not a woman and b. I was not part of the race. Not exactly a TDF crowd but I still appreciated the illusion that I was actually at the head of something. It was a lot like years ago (many years ago) when I lived in NYC and wanted to see my wife off on a flight to Mexico for her vacation. We were still just dating so it was a very romantic gesture as I was riding a motor scooter in those days. New York was preparing for a visit from Kruschev and the Expressway leading to the airport was just in the process of being cleared. For some reason I was able to travel along unhindered on the empty road bordered by the paraphernalia of a visit by an important head of state.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you stayed in the drops and tried to look ladylike.
    oldschool areodynamic brick

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did not know you were a cross dresser.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclinfool View Post
    We did not know you were a cross dresser.
    Lycra will do that to ya.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually.
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark