User Tag List

My Bikes
    Klein Carbon Q 2002
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MS 150 ride 9 months after quadruple bypass

I did the MS 150 over the weekend. It was in Ohio. I was very happy with my speed (19.4 ave last 50 miles) and how I handled the heat. I am using the 405 garmin. Here was my last 50 miles of the last day of the ride. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/44669433

I am on a total vegan diet. I have dropped weight slowly ( 20lb), my total cholesterol is 103. I have type 1 diabetes and my last A1c was 6.4. I am very happy with the results. I don't want to have Bypass again.

My Bikes
    specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work, congrats and keep at it.
    (Life is too short to play crappy guitars) 2006 Raleigh Cadent 3.0, 1977 Schwinn Volare, 2010 Windsor tourist. ( I didn't fall , I attacked the floor)

My Bikes
    ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, '09 Fiji Aloha 1.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apes, that is great! I'm really proud of you, man. That's an amazing comeback.

Be careful about your cholesterol. It can be too low, esp if your ratio is good. Extremely low cholesterol can lead to cancer, and your brain need cholesterol. You might want to do a little research on the subject.
    BT
    '09 Motobecane Immortal Pro, with lollipops
    '09 Fuji Aloha 1.0 TT build. with lollipops
    '09 Lamborghini Viaggio Tandem
    '06 Mongoose Commuter
    '02 Diamondback Hybrid
    "Oh, to be 60 again!"

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...c/exercise.png

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo Hoo!!

A poster child (well - a poster 50+'r) for the benefits of healthy life style.

Congrats.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to see the recovery- but remember you still have a way to go. You have a reconditioned heart and although not the best to have- it will be better than your old one. It will take a lot of strain and stress but take care of it.

Time to start thinking of a real ride now. Just think of it for a year or so- but then start training. And I mean training. It won't be the heart that stops you for hard rides in the future- But it may be the mind. So set the goal now for 2012 and go for it- How about a double century? You are nearly there now so get butt time in and head for the next target.

Been there, done it and got the "T"shirt-----So keep training.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan