Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she wants to sell all my bikes...

Naw...just kidding.

On the ride home from work early this morning I stumbled across an old Double Dresser discarded by the side of the road. I was thrilled at this great find.

I have only just finished refinishing my very first furniture project, the old Maple Desk that I had salvaged in much the same manner this past Spring. (I'll photograph it before it heads out to Milwaukee with my daughter) I enjoyed working on that desk so much that I had already been roaming through the house checking out the rest of the freebie stuff that I've gathered this season in hopes of finding another suitable project.

Well wouldn't you know it? The first day back to regular commuting in almost three weeks and BINGO! My next project magicly appeared.

I don't know much about it, not even the type or types of wood it's made of. I'll just sand it all down, make any needed repairs (I didn't notice any when I slid it into the S-10), and go from there.

Meanwhile my dear bride must be wondering if there isn't some hobby she could interest me in that doesn't take up so much space. As for the thread title....everything I've found along the road this year was found from the saddle of my bikes! (She can rest easy tonight as I drove the pick-up to work do to time constraints).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, finding a double dresser is much better than finding just an old pair of drawers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever watch the show on History Channel - "Pickers?"

I'm going to send them your address for a visit to your home.

My Bikes
    Trice Q; Volae Century; TT 3.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor j View Post
    Well, finding a double dresser is much better than finding just an old pair of drawers!
    Well I guess it's not the first time a doctor caused groaning.

Good one.
    George
    Laissez les bon temps rouler