Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Life is good RonH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles due west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Posts
    13,478
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    OT but I just had to post this

    From an email a friend sent to me.


    Black and White TV (under age 40 won't understand) - you could hardly see for all the snow, spread the rabbit ears as far as they go.
    Pull a chair up to the TV set, 'Good Night, David. Good Night, Chet.'

    My Mom used to cut chicken, chop eggs and spread mayo on the same cutting board with the same knife and no bleach, but we didn't seem to get food poisoning.

    My Mom used to defrost hamburger on the counter and I used to eat it raw sometimes, too. Our school sandwiches were wrapped in wax paper in a brown paper bag, not in ice pack coolers, but I can't remember getting e.coli.

    Almost all of us would have rather gone swimming in the lake instead of a pristine pool (talk about boring), no beach closures then.

    The term cell phone would have conjured up a phone in a jail cell, and a pager was the school PA system.

    We all took gym, not PE...and risked permanent injury with a pair of high top Ked's (only worn in gym) instead of having cross-training athletic shoes with air cushion soles and built in light reflectors. I can't recall any injuries but they must have happened because they tell us how much safer we are now.
    Flunking gym was not an option... even for stupid kids! I guess PE must be much harder than gym.

    Speaking of school, we all said prayers and sang the national anthem, and staying in detention after school caught all sorts of negative attention.

    We must have had horribly damaged psyches. What an archaic health system we had then. Remember school nurses? Ours wore a hat and everything.

    I thought that I was supposed to accomplish something before I was allowed to be proud of myself.

    I just can't recall how bored we were without computers, Play Station, Nintendo, X-box or 270 digital TV cable stations.

    Oh yeah... and where was the Benadryl and sterilization kit when I got that bee sting? I could have been killed!

    We played 'king of the hill' on piles of gravel left on vacant construction sites, and when we got hurt, Mom pulled out the 48-cent bottle of mercurochrome (kids liked it better because it didn't sting like iodine did) and then we got our butt spanked.

    Now it's a trip to the emergency room, followed by a 10-day dose of a $49 bottle of antibiotics, and then Mom calls the attorney to sue the contractor for leaving a horribly vicious pile of gravel where it was such a threat.

    We didn't act up at the neighbor's house either because if we did we got our butt spanked there and then we got our butt spanked again when we got home.

    I recall the neighbor from next door coming over and doing his tricks on the front stoop, just before he fell off. Little did his Mom know that she could have owned our house.
    Instead, she picked him up and swatted him for being such a goof. It was a neighborhood run amuck.

    To top it off, not a single person I knew had ever been told that they were from a dysfunctional family. How could we possibly have known that? We needed to get into group therapy and anger management classes.

    We were obviously so duped by so many societal ills, that we didn't even notice that the entire country wasn't taking Prozac!
    How did we ever survive?

    HERE'S TO ALL OF US WHO SHARED THIS ERA. AND TO ALL WHO DIDN'T, SORRY FOR WHAT YOU MISSED. I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING!
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

    Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

  2. #2
    "Chooch" ciocc_cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    My Bikes
    1980s Ciocc San Cristobal, 2000-ish Ciocc Titan
    Posts
    1,658
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    From an email a friend sent to me.Speaking of school, we all said prayers and sang the national anthem, and staying in detention after school caught all sorts of negative attention.
    Growing up in the early 1960s, I remember very well all of what you posted . . . plus the nuclear attack drills in grade school where we had to crawl under our desks and pretend to kiss our lil' asses good-bye!

    As for the whole prayer in school thing - I faked it. Seemed rather UN-American and hypocritical to me considering the whole Treaty of Tripoli/separation of church and state thing. (Okay, so I was rather advanced for my age - blame it on having a high school reading level in 3rd grade thanks to good ol' Hugh Hefner!) Personally, I'm glad they got rid of the prayer in school thing - I don't like the idea of my tax dollars supporting the church nazis and their anti-science agenda.

    Ahem. Getting this thread somewhat back on track (so it won't get moved to P&R) - I rode a bright red 24-inch (wheel size) single speed Western Flyer to school in the early 1960s. It was my first and only bike until I got my first "10-speed" in 1972.
    "A bicycle built by a frame builder has the soul of the builder. A mass produced frame does not have soul. It doesn't know anyone." - Giovanni "Ciocc" Pelizzoli.
    “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” - Benjamin Franklin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My Ciocc San Cistobal
    Visit my website at http://ciocc-cat.angelfire.com/

  3. #3
    just keep riding BluesDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Milledgeville, Georgia
    My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Posts
    12,710
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear you. We have become a pretty wimpy society. I will say, though that our poultry and beef came from farms, not the factories it comes from today, and so was probably far less contaminated than what we buy today.

    I also had a Western Flyer bike. I remember my Daddy having the handlebars welded back together several times when I would wreck and break them.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

  4. #4
    Senior Member zonatandem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    My Bikes
    ariZona carbon fiber tandem & single
    Posts
    9,927
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Growing up in Europe during World War II . . .
    Guess I'm a bit older than you kidz!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Dchiefransom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Newark, CA. San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got food poisoning, but the doc would say we had the flu, or stomach flu, and that would be it. The only difference now is we know what it is.
    Mercurichrome DID sting, just like iodine, but it's funny how we never got an infection after using it, and no bandaid was needed.
    We used Ointment of Icthamol for infections back then, but try to find it now.
    Silver Eagle Pilot

  6. #6
    "Chooch" ciocc_cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    My Bikes
    1980s Ciocc San Cristobal, 2000-ish Ciocc Titan
    Posts
    1,658
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    I also had a Western Flyer bike. I remember my Daddy having the handlebars welded back together several times when I would wreck and break them.
    Ahhhh . . . good 'ol steel. You could weld it back together when it failed!
    "A bicycle built by a frame builder has the soul of the builder. A mass produced frame does not have soul. It doesn't know anyone." - Giovanni "Ciocc" Pelizzoli.
    “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” - Benjamin Franklin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My Ciocc San Cistobal
    Visit my website at http://ciocc-cat.angelfire.com/

  7. #7
    "Chooch" ciocc_cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    My Bikes
    1980s Ciocc San Cristobal, 2000-ish Ciocc Titan
    Posts
    1,658
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zonatandem View Post
    Growing up in Europe during World War II . . .
    Guess I'm a bit older than you kidz!
    You must be closer to my sister's age (she just turned 70 last March). I'm only 55.

    Speaking of WWII - my dad's neighbor was the radio operator on Bockscar, the B-29 that dropped the second A-bomb on Japan.
    "A bicycle built by a frame builder has the soul of the builder. A mass produced frame does not have soul. It doesn't know anyone." - Giovanni "Ciocc" Pelizzoli.
    “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” - Benjamin Franklin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My Ciocc San Cistobal
    Visit my website at http://ciocc-cat.angelfire.com/

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I remember playing 'Cops & Robbers', Cowboys, and Combat with realistic looking toy guns without orange tips because back then kids didn't tote real guns and everybody knew it. It amazing we didn't all grow up warped. Funny thing is, no one I grew up with even owns a *** now.

    We do still ride our bikes though!

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,794
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember those days -- spent them on my green and white Stingray! 65 bucks new.

    Gilligan, Batman, Carol Burnett -- yes, Chet & David -- and don't forget "And that's the way it is......I'm Walter Cronkite; good night."

    That was back when they REALLY made toy guns -- rubber-suction-cupped dart guns that would stick 'em to the wall 30 feet away.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never wore a bicycle helmet back then cuz' it wasn't against the law to ride without a helmet. I feel sorry for the kids today as society tries so hard to protect them from themselves. I rather liked growing up in the 1960's without all the safety addendum's and technology. I was also the proud owner of a stripped down Royce Union (Schwinn Stingray copy) and a Montgomery Ward 10-speed. Don't ever recall needing 30 speeds....

  11. #11
    Pentapointed Member ahsposo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    On Some Far Away Beach After the Season is Over...
    My Bikes
    A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
    Posts
    6,356
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocc_cat View Post
    Ahhhh . . . good 'ol steel. You could weld it back together when it failed!
    And have break again when you least expected it.

  12. #12
    Pentapointed Member ahsposo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    On Some Far Away Beach After the Season is Over...
    My Bikes
    A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
    Posts
    6,356
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a by-the-way this thread has been going for a few days in Jokes and Humor.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,867
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm probably the only one here who doesn't long for the past. I spent 10 years in therapy trying to come to terms with the abuse I suffered during what our age group now calls "the good ol' days".

    Sure, a few items on that list are cute - even in my mind, but most are a painful reminder of a dysfunctional society in which, for some of it's victims, there was no escape.

    Ciocc_cat, I concur wholeheartedly with you first post in this thread.

  14. #14
    Around now and then DnvrFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Around now and then
    Posts
    20,750
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And, our parents, perhaps growing up in the 1910-20's - at least in my case, had similar remarks about their childhood as compared with my growing up in the 40's and early 50's. And so life goes on, every generation remembering the best and forgetting the worst of the previous generation.

    As far as the prayer bit, I grew up in CA, and we never had prayers in schools. We did do the national anthem and pledge and raise the flag every morning in a ceremony at the front of the circle drive of our small (100 student K-8) elementary school. Later we did this in the classroom.

    Ask an individual with a significant disability or a person with black ethnicity about the 40's, 50's and early 60's. Things weren't so hot for them - but then, they weren't allowed in most schools, or to live where others lived, so I guess we just didn't notice.

    And, so it goes generation after generation.
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 09-05-10 at 06:35 AM.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

  15. #15
    Senior Member donheff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
    My Bikes
    Specialized Tricross Comp
    Posts
    1,224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a pretty idyllic childhood so many of those items bring a bit of a nostalgic smile. But I knew a lot of other kids who didn't do so well and the underlying societal problems were significant. I end up more in the Louis/Ciocc camp - things were not so rosy as the ubiquitous "remember when" emails paint them. But the freedom to roam all summer was certainly nice.
    Every man is, or hopes to be, an Idler. -- Samuel Johnson

  16. #16
    "Chooch" ciocc_cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    My Bikes
    1980s Ciocc San Cristobal, 2000-ish Ciocc Titan
    Posts
    1,658
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    I'm probably the only one here who doesn't long for the past. I spent 10 years in therapy trying to come to terms with the abuse I suffered during what our age group now calls "the good ol' days".

    Sure, a few items on that list are cute - even in my mind, but most are a painful reminder of a dysfunctional society in which, for some of it's victims, there was no escape.

    Ciocc_cat, I concur wholeheartedly with you first post in this thread.
    I don't long for the past either, Louis. I have some fond memories and some bad ones, but that goes for just about any decade. As far as I'm concerned, these are the "good ol' days"!
    "A bicycle built by a frame builder has the soul of the builder. A mass produced frame does not have soul. It doesn't know anyone." - Giovanni "Ciocc" Pelizzoli.
    “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” - Benjamin Franklin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My Ciocc San Cistobal
    Visit my website at http://ciocc-cat.angelfire.com/

  17. #17
    You gonna eat that? Doohickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas Church of Hopeful Uncertainty
    My Bikes
    1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS
    Posts
    13,857
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmog View Post
    I never wore a bicycle helmet back then cuz' it wasn't against the law to ride without a helmet. I feel sorry for the kids today as society tries so hard to protect them from themselves. I rather liked growing up in the 1960's without all the safety addendum's and technology.
    True, but you grew up "okay". The kid my age who lived across the street from me wrecked his bike and hit his head and as a adult he's maybe at a 5th grade level today. He was one of us kids one day; a "******" the next. You can wax poetic about not having a nanny state, but Bobby would probably be fine today if he had worn a helmet.

    Quote Originally Posted by donheff View Post
    I end up more in the Louis/Ciocc camp - things were not so rosy as the ubiquitous "remember when" emails paint them.
    The good ol' days weren't always good
    and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems.

    -Billy Joel


    EDIT: There's nanny state for you- I can't even type the word ret@ard without it getting censored when I meant exactly that word.
    Last edited by Doohickie; 09-05-10 at 07:32 AM.
    I stop for people / whose right of way I honor / but not for no one.



    Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."

  18. #18
    Don from Austin Texas
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    My Bikes
    Schwinn S25 "department store crap" FS MTB, home-made CF 26" hybrid, CF road bike with straight bar, various wierd frankenbikes
    Posts
    1,149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody DEFINED our family as dysfunctional -- or even used the word -- but it damn sure was. Much of the details are too gory to post, but my father was a tyrant. My mother was a brilliant medieval historian. There was a power struggle in the history department at Oberlin College and someone who opposed her invoked a sexist rule that "faculty wives can't teach," and expelled her from the department. She spent the last 10-15 years of her life in severe depression smoking 5 packs of Chesterfield non-filter Kings/day, playing Solitaire and frequently in her bed clothes until dinner time. The tobacco companies advertised with straight faces that smoking was good for you. Both my parents were Oberlin College "liberals" and very proud to be non-racist. What this meant was they detested the "N" word but didn't really want any "N"s at the house. They were extraordinarily snobbish about academic success as a measure of a person's worth. There was zero tolerance of gays or lesbians anywhere so they were forced underground. Our local schools blatantly violated the principle of separation of church and state. A friend of mine who was a jazz musician (black) got a white college student pregnant. She hid the pregnancy from everybody and, in desperation, put the baby in the garbage. There was plenty of drug addiction back then -- anybody remember Seconal? Doctors would pretty much give you all the amphetamines and barbituates you wanted. I used to ride my bike down Spring Street and it had well-maintained pavement and sidewalks -- until you crossed the Plum Creek Bridge. On the other side of the bridge it was all black families and the "streets" were unpaved with mudholes big and deep enough to go fishing in. This in a town (Oberlin, Ohio) that prided itself on being liberal and having a history of non-discrimination!

    Nostalgia for that era is not very strong for me!

    Don in Austin

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have many fond memories of my past. Each and every one of them was outside the house away from my siblings and parents, but they are still fond memories of good times.

    I also have many troubling memories. Those are all family related.

    It is what it is and we carry on.

  20. #20
    Badger Biker ctyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beloit, Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Saeco CAD-3, Surly Cross Check
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Good Ol Days are never better than the present, just different. Just saying.
    It's a good day to ride.
    --------------------------
    Cannondale Saeco CAD3
    Specialized Sirrus Elite
    Surly Long Haul Trucker
    Surly Cross Check

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Several
    Posts
    442
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    I'm probably the only one here who doesn't long for the past.
    Yes, longing for the past is not good . That is a no brainer. Remembering it fondly though is a different matter and I cherish that. But as you say, not everyones's memories of the era are all that fond and that must be respected. FWIW, for all that I cherish the past, ie., the '50's and '60's, it becomes more and more evident that a big part of it is that one always likes something even more once he realizes that he can no longer have it. In that sense, always live for the present because sooner than later these will be the "good ol' days" too.
    Last edited by Talldog; 09-06-10 at 07:29 PM.

  22. #22
    Pentapointed Member ahsposo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    On Some Far Away Beach After the Season is Over...
    My Bikes
    A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
    Posts
    6,356
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
    Nobody DEFINED our family as dysfunctional -- or even used the word -- but it damn sure was. Much of the details are too gory to post, but my father was a tyrant. My mother was a brilliant medieval historian. There was a power struggle in the history department at Oberlin College and someone who opposed her invoked a sexist rule that "faculty wives can't teach," and expelled her from the department. She spent the last 10-15 years of her life in severe depression smoking 5 packs of Chesterfield non-filter Kings/day, playing Solitaire and frequently in her bed clothes until dinner time. The tobacco companies advertised with straight faces that smoking was good for you. Both my parents were Oberlin College "liberals" and very proud to be non-racist. What this meant was they detested the "N" word but didn't really want any "N"s at the house. They were extraordinarily snobbish about academic success as a measure of a person's worth. There was zero tolerance of gays or lesbians anywhere so they were forced underground. Our local schools blatantly violated the principle of separation of church and state. A friend of mine who was a jazz musician (black) got a white college student pregnant. She hid the pregnancy from everybody and, in desperation, put the baby in the garbage. There was plenty of drug addiction back then -- anybody remember Seconal? Doctors would pretty much give you all the amphetamines and barbituates you wanted. I used to ride my bike down Spring Street and it had well-maintained pavement and sidewalks -- until you crossed the Plum Creek Bridge. On the other side of the bridge it was all black families and the "streets" were unpaved with mudholes big and deep enough to go fishing in. This in a town (Oberlin, Ohio) that prided itself on being liberal and having a history of non-discrimination!

    Nostalgia for that era is not very strong for me!

    Don in Austin
    Thanks.

    That was powerful.

  23. #23
    Pentapointed Member ahsposo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    On Some Far Away Beach After the Season is Over...
    My Bikes
    A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
    Posts
    6,356
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don in Austin's post reminds me of how irritated I get when I hear someone say "Oh, the world has gotten so" bad, evil, dangerous. It's always been bad, evil and dangerous.

    The news media has become really good at making the moment we live in seem terrifying because "scare" sells almost as good as sex.

    Combine the two and you've got a media sensation.

    There is nothing new under the sun. People have been as wicked, cruel and stupid since before the Greeks.

    On the other hand we can also be generous, kind and clever. That aspect doesn't sell so well on TV or the tabs...

    Unless four kittens are involved.

  24. #24
    "Chooch" ciocc_cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    My Bikes
    1980s Ciocc San Cristobal, 2000-ish Ciocc Titan
    Posts
    1,658
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talldog View Post
    Yes, longing for the past is not good . That is a no brainer. Remembering it fondly though is a different matter and I cherish that. But as you say, not everyones's memories of the era are all that fond and that must be respected. FWIW, for all that I cherish the past, ie., the '50's and '60's, it becomes more and more evident that a big part of it is that one always likes something even more once he realizes that he can no longer have it. In that sense, always live for the present because sooner than later these will be the "good ol' days" too.
    I've never longed for the past, but I'm sure wondering what ever happened to my FUTURE! Where's my flying car, my robot maid and my vacation on Mars?
    "A bicycle built by a frame builder has the soul of the builder. A mass produced frame does not have soul. It doesn't know anyone." - Giovanni "Ciocc" Pelizzoli.
    “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” - Benjamin Franklin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My Ciocc San Cistobal
    Visit my website at http://ciocc-cat.angelfire.com/

  25. #25
    "Chooch" ciocc_cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    My Bikes
    1980s Ciocc San Cristobal, 2000-ish Ciocc Titan
    Posts
    1,658
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
    Don in Austin's post reminds me of how irritated I get when I hear someone say "Oh, the world has gotten so" bad, evil, dangerous. It's always been bad, evil and dangerous.

    The news media has become really good at making the moment we live in seem terrifying because "scare" sells almost as good as sex.

    Combine the two and you've got a media sensation.

    There is nothing new under the sun. People have been as wicked, cruel and stupid since before the Greeks.

    On the other hand we can also be generous, kind and clever. That aspect doesn't sell so well on TV or the tabs...

    Unless four kittens are involved.
    You nailed it!
    "A bicycle built by a frame builder has the soul of the builder. A mass produced frame does not have soul. It doesn't know anyone." - Giovanni "Ciocc" Pelizzoli.
    “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” - Benjamin Franklin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My Ciocc San Cistobal
    Visit my website at http://ciocc-cat.angelfire.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •