Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A great idea from Denmark.

On the tube today taking Oslo's population to the forests I met a young girl on a strange trike. I complemented her on her ride and she said she had specially ordered it from Denmark. I googled it and got this link. The versatility of the bicycle never stops to amaze me.
    http://www.aahi.dk/Race-Running.htm

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You push it? Looks like an over sized walker.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually.
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric Man View Post
    You push it? Looks like an over sized walker.
    It is. It's for handicapped people. It's quite cool.

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the best efforts of Google translate:

"AAHI has already been acquired three new Race Runner bikes with the help of Danfoss and Aabenraa municipality, but with the great interest that was shown at startup day, hopes the association that other funds may also support the initiative, so AAHI can buy even more Race Runner of great joy for the physically disabled children. ...A Race Runner is a running wheel bike without pedals, which give spastic paralyzed and other disabled people with balance and mobility problems, the possibility of cultivating race alongside runners. "

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BengeBoy View Post
    According to the best efforts of Google translate:

"AAHI has already been acquired three new Race Runner bikes with the help of Danfoss and Aabenraa municipality, but with the great interest that was shown at startup day, hopes the association that other funds may also support the initiative, so AAHI can buy even more Race Runner of great joy for the physically disabled children. ...A Race Runner is a running wheel bike without pedals, which give spastic paralyzed and other disabled people with balance and mobility problems, the possibility of cultivating race alongside runners. "
    I first looked at the page and thought "The encumbrance of a bicycle with the speed of running". But the bold text above, I think explains the point very well, and for that, it seems to indeed be a cool idea.
    "be careful this rando stuff is addictive and dan's the 'pusher'."

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by plodderslusk View Post
    On the tube today taking Oslo's population to the forests I met a young girl on a strange trike.
    Plodderslusk, I am still pondering your use of the phrase "on the tube." When I hear "the tube," I think of the train/subway system in London, "the tube."

Were you on a transit / rail system out of Oslo? And it had room in one of the cars to take one of these trikes? That's remarkable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of our tubelines ends up next to a nice little lake at the edge of the forrest . You can pay children's fare for your bike if there is room.

My Bikes
    2006 Trek Rail 2007 Diamondback Dellacruz 1.0 2009 Trek Lime 2009 Jamis Boss Cruiser 7 1980s Nishiki Road Bike 1993 Cannondale R700 (Criterium) 1993 Cannondale V1000 1995 Cannondale M1000 1996 Cannondale Killer V900 1996 Cannondale M900 CAD3 1997 Ca
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great contraption
    Foxye, the Floribbean

2006 Trek Rail
    2009 Trek Lime
    2009 Jamis Boss Cruiser 7
    1980s Nishiki Road Bike
    1993 Cannondale V1000
    1994 Cannondale Killer V900
    1995 Cannondale M1000
    1996 Cannondale Killer V900
    1996 Cannondale M900 CAD3
    1997 Cannondale F1000
    1997 Cannondale Super V 2000

My Bikes
    Cannondale t1, Koga-Miyata World Traveller
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can imagine we'll see some variety in models develop... 2 inch knobby tires for use on trails, a folding model that can be put in the trunk of a car, a racing model. I suspect that at this stage they are all hand made.

A great innovation, giving mobility to disabled people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first saw this trike, I was thinking (out loud)," W....T.....F? It's a velocipede you have to climb into, or a mix of a bike and a harness-racing sulky!"

But I can see the application of it, and that's a GOOD thing!

One less group of people denied the joy of human-powered wheels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like it would make a great trailer.

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How cool is that! People with balance problems can run with runners and not keel over...thanks to that weird-looking but very functional trike. One more way to allow people the freedom to challenge themselves.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

My Bikes
    Look 586, Condor Baracchi, Litespeed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a great product that can give the thrill of cycling to kids who would never have the chance to ride a bike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My initial thought when I read the first post and saw the pictures was: Why? Then I read and rapidly changed my mind to: Wonderful! I hiope this thing goes world wide. What a Win-Win. They can make money and help people all at the same time. Wonderful!
    It is better to smell the flowers than taste the roots.

My Bikes
    Surly LHT, Specialized Rockhopper, Nashbar Touring (old), Specialized Stumpjumper (older), Nishiki Tourer (model unknown)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work with athletes in Special Olympics. I"ve never heard of this. I'm intrigued. If it affords an opportunity for fun and athletic participation for people who would otherwise be deprived, I'm for it. I'll be watching for more information. (I wish I read Norwegian! - or is it Danish?)

XR2
    My Bikes
    88 Bridgestone T700
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all for anything allowing the disabled to get out of a chair and enjoy what I take for granted. Nice.
    I owe-therefore I am.