Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Cannondale t1, Koga-Miyata World Traveller
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much time do you spend in Bike Forum?

I'm spending more time reading the forum than I am actually riding.

However, I know that reading about biking is no substitute for the real thing.

Is anybody else feeling trapped by these misguided priorities?
    The one who has the most bikes wins.

Humvee of bikes =Worksman Nightshade's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In winter a lot of time on BF. In summer not so much.
    My preferred bicycle brand is.......WORKSMAN CYCLES
    I dislike clipless pedals on any city bike since I feel they are unsafe.

Originally Posted by krazygluon
    Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
    Aluminum: barely a hundred, which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?

My Bikes
    2006 Trek Rail 2007 Diamondback Dellacruz 1.0 2009 Trek Lime 2009 Jamis Boss Cruiser 7 1980s Nishiki Road Bike 1993 Cannondale R700 (Criterium) 1993 Cannondale V1000 1995 Cannondale M1000 1996 Cannondale Killer V900 1996 Cannondale M900 CAD3 1997 Ca
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cheat, I have multiple monitors so I am actually doing something productive on one or two of them, while I am goofing off on the others. And I work from home half the time. So, no cutting into ride time.
    Foxye, the Floribbean

2006 Trek Rail
    2009 Trek Lime
    2009 Jamis Boss Cruiser 7
    1980s Nishiki Road Bike
    1993 Cannondale V1000
    1994 Cannondale Killer V900
    1995 Cannondale M1000
    1996 Cannondale Killer V900
    1996 Cannondale M900 CAD3
    1997 Cannondale F1000
    1997 Cannondale Super V 2000

My Bikes
    My beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my 2014 Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod Team bike
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm on here most mornings and then again in the evening. Riding takes place in the middle of the day when the sun is bright and the temperatures are warm.

I am living proof that if you catch prostate cancer early, it can be reduced to a temporary inconvenience, and you can go back to a normal life. - General Norman Schwarzkopf and me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multi-tasking so lots of recorded time, not so much actual time. Until now that is. +20F with some wind and a bit of fatigue plus have neglected my iron pumping over the summer. So taking a few days off to get reoriented. Then more riding on my trip to warm country.

For perspective: Cycling for me is a seasonal activity (see Winter Configuration thread).
    It is better to smell the flowers than taste the roots.

My Bikes
    Gunnar Street Dog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I've been here since '04. Not that many posts, really. There have been a few points when I go for weeks without posting anything. This 50+ forum is really the only area where I spend any time.
    I kind of gave up on A&S (Too young a demographic). I've never really posted much at all in the fixed gear / single speed area, even though I'm a fixed gear rider (WAY too young a demographic!)
    I'm a confirmed "Headlight weenie", but I avoid the lights and gadgets area. The "Flashlights as headlights crowd" seems to dominate that area. Too young a demographic, maybe?
    "People with nothing to hide, have nothing to fear from O.B.I.T."

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sporadic....take a spell where I am on every day and then other times maybe once a week or even other spells where I am not here for a month. But I enjoy a lot when I do log on..............
    keep the pedals moving

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a lot of computers around the house, including two good very small laptops (Dell D420). At night, while my wife watches TV I pretend to watch and get an awful lot of stuff done, as much of my volunteer work is internet-based, and I can also pop in on the 50+ and other forums. Also, my main computer in my basement office has 3 monitors, and I multi task a lot.

Right now, I am in the process of reviewing several hundred comments from an internet petition I started a year ago, in preparation for writing some testimony for federal public hearings on a topic dear to my heart, and a potential meeting with the top federal administrator in that field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of my life I've been a voracious reader and have found that computer adventures seriously cut into my reading. That seems to be my only regret since developing the BF habit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I discovered computers about 10 years ago through my daughter . So you can say I'm new to them & owned one the last 6 yr.
    I spend too much time on surfing the web ! The 50+ , utility commuting & a motor scooter forums I visit at least 2 or more times a day !! Like Louis I enjoy reading good books , just a slow reader when an enjoyable book is found . Now that the
    weather is growing bad will spend more time indoors ,will be on the net more.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much time spent here on BF. My New Years resolution will fix that.

My Bikes
    A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    All of my life I've been a voracious reader and have found that computer adventures seriously cut into my reading. That seems to be my only regret since developing the BF habit.
    Me too!

I was never a "social" internet user until I stumbled on BF.

At first, and maybe because it was what passes for Winter here in the Low Country I was sort of addicted at first. Was validated in my addiction when I discovered the mods "Banned Users" thread and found these posts concerning voluntary banning so the member could get some work done.

Still get some reading of books done. I love a well crafted lie. Recently read William Gibson's Spook Country and began re-reading Alan Furst's stories of ante-WW2 Europe. Just finished a great story The Guards by Ken Bruen. I have Loren Estelman's Roy & Lillie open as well as a re-read of Sam Delany's Trouble on Triton.

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a timer function on here somewhere that I don't know about?
    How much time do I spend here? dunno..........not too much
    RANS V3 - Ti, RANS V-Rex - cromo, RANS Screamer - cromo

My Bikes
    Cannondale t1, Koga-Miyata World Traveller
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Redeemed myself somewhat today by taking my bike instead of my car. Great not to fight for a parking space downtown and I enjoyed tea and a chat at a friends house. One of those beautiful autumn days. Sunshine, Blue sky.

But here I am. Back on BF again.

I think the weather forecast for tomorrow is good. A good opportunity to do a little more serious ride.
    The one who has the most bikes wins.

My Bikes
    Trek 1420 triple, Mercier Corvus, Globe 1 700, Surly Disc Trucker, GT Avalanche, GT Grade, GT Aggressor, GT Helion, Mercier Corvus
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aparently too much! when I read a 400 lb rider was leaning towards a particular bike i thought he had better not lean too far. of corse that rule goes for everyone. Leaning towards a bike will just make you look funny and maybe you will fall over.

I once had an uncle
    His name was Moody
    He was moody all his life

My Bikes
    Madone 6.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waaaayyyy too much time.....but I do get a good laugh reading some of the threads occasionally....and have learned a few things as well.
    Ride safe!

Old, SLOW bike rider! ;)
    My Bikes
    1993 Mongoose Switchback MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually not as much as I'd like, seem to have a lot other things going on but still make some time to check in! The wife's food shopping, going for a rec. ride when she returns, a good time to see what's happening on BF!
    Take care, RIDE SAFE, have FUN!
    B.J. Ondo
    1993 Mongoose Switchback Ridged MTB, converted to a "Rail Trail Bike"! :)

My Bikes
    2015 Trek Domane 6.9 disc D/A Di2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always looked here for information and sometimes entertainment as well. I never really added up the time spent here but I guess it's about 3-4 hours a week. I don't take away from other duties in my life by spending time here, it's my time, so I do with it as I wish.
    2015 Trek Domane 6.9 Disc D/A Di2~2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2015 Trek Farley 6 FAT bike~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR