[QUOTE=skydive69]The chances are pretty good you will go into AFib. You might consider some of the factors which might help to stay out of AFib:Originally Posted by DnvrFox
1. No caffeine of any kind - that means chocolate, even decaf coffee which contains some caffeine. Also, epinephrine type cold remedies and similar.
2. Is there ANY possibility of sleep apnea? I had NONE of the typical symptoms, except my cardiologist picked up on two things a) The echocardiogram showed mild pulmonary hypertension; and b) the veins at the side of my neck are raised more than normal. Also, the very fact of my having AFib correlated strongly with SA.
3. Hypertension is likely the number one factor for AFib.
4. Size - the bigger the heart, the more chance of AFib. All whales have AFib, no mice do. Overweight is not good, so while you can't reduce your body size or your heart size, you can lose weight.
5. Some folks on the AFib list drink or no dairy products????
6. You might consider some of the drugs which DO tend to keep you out of AFib.
7. Once you have had an AFib episode, it is likely you will have more.
8. Stress - a MAJOR factor in AFib. I have had so much stress over the years, that I am surprised I am still alive! Last year I simply walked out the door of a pretty good job and never returned - the stress was intolerable. But, it had already damaged my body.
Just some good (?) thoughts for you!