Pedals, Paddles and Poles Daspydyr's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Scott Spark 20, Orbea Orca
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Specialized Roubaix Tire problem

I had Ruby out for 55 miles on Saturday. Around mile 53, cruising a nice downhill something started clicking loud. I was just about stopped when the tire popped like a .357. I was about 1.5 miles from a Specialized shop and just walked the bike to it.

The LBS, Aspen Creek Cycles, my new heros, said it was the second tire that day. Seems to be a lamination problem. the tire had less than 700 miles on it. They hooked my up with a comparable tire, free tube and labor and said that Specialized would pick up the tab. WOW! Blew me away.

I was back on the road in 15 minutes of entering the shop.

Keep an eye on your tires if you have Specialized Roubaix. I'm trying my first century next Saturday. I feel "blessed" that the tire blew Saturday last and not Saturday next.
    I think its disgusting and terrible how people treat Lance Armstrong, especially after winning 7 Tour de France Titles while on drugs!

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.

My Bikes
    2011 Specialized Secteur, 2005 Trek 1500, 1988 Nishiki Olympic, 19?? Trek MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are those the Roubaix Pro IIs?
    2010 AB T1X ** 2010 Cannondale SIX-5 ** 1989 Pinarello Montello ** 1989 Bianchi Brava ** 1988 Nishiki Olympic ** 1988 Centurion Ironman Expert ** 1987 Centurion Ironman Expert(2) ** 1986 Basso Gap ** 1982 Colnago Super ** 19?? Roberts Audax

Freddin' it
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The OEM Pro on my 2008 Roubaix blew after 1800 miles. Went with an Armadillo rear and no problems for the next 26,000 miles, replacing it every 4000 miles or so.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you said comparable tyre as if I had just had a problem with a tyre that has a known fault- I don't think I would want another.

But reckon that shop is going to put on weight next time you pass it- A Box of doughnuts will be worth while- just in case you get another problem when riding nearby.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan