Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: They're back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're back

As I walked out of the local hardware store's door on my hunt for eye nuts, there they were the cookie monsters. Now, who amongst us can resist a cute gap toothed little cookie monster asking you if you want to buy some Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. So I reached into the pocket and pulled out a twenty and the cookie monster's cohort with the same smile said "You want FIVE boxes?" What can I say? Now, what was the formula of cookies per mile we decided on last time?

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so proud of myself...I showed remarkable self control and only bought one box...and then told them to keep it and sell it again.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually.
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric Man View Post
    I'm so proud of myself...I showed remarkable self control and only bought one box...and then told them to keep it and sell it again.
    Not quite the Spirit I would have expected. Thought you would take them along to your Club ride and offer them to the others before the ride.

Luckily we don't have this American tradition over here. And after tasting the "Home Bakes" of the girls in the road- I am glad. Only one can cook anything sensible and she is away at College right now.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehillmedi View Post
    amongst us can resist a cute gap toothed little cookie monster asking you if you want to buy some Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies.
    Retro Grouch can.

On the other hand, if they hit me up for those chocolate and peanut butter ones, that would be another story.

My Bikes
    Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UMMMM! Girl Scout Thin Mints! It's the most wonderful time of the year, followed closely by the harvest of the candy corn.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the eigth generation Christmas shortbread baker from a line of professional bakers right up to my father. The only thing I enjoy more than baking it is eating it, so will bank the calories for Christmas. Thank you Guides and Brownies but no, heres 5 bucks. Keep your cookies and go away. I have to work hard enough at staying relatively thin for this sport.

My Bikes
    Pacific Reach, Specialized Myka Expert
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose this proves there are times when food allergies come in handy. Perfect excuse for not buying cookies.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of a line from the Adam's Family movie. "Girl scout cookies? Are they made from real girl scouts?"
    Gearhubs demystified and other cool stuff.

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. Elbert Hubbard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    Retro Grouch can.

On the other hand, if they hit me up for those chocolate and peanut butter ones, that would be another story.
    Thankfully ,they don't sell that type up here in the Great White North yet!

My Bikes
    Kona fire mountain/xtracycle,Univega landrover fs,Nishiki custom sport Ross professional super gran tour Schwinn Mesa (future Xtracycle donor bike)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Around here we don't get the opportunity to buy girl scout cookies until around March, if memory serves.
    2008 Kona Fire Mountain/Xtracycle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I void warranties.
    Cycling well IS Cycling Advocacy
    Originally Posted by Steely Dan: if you're riding a bike and not having fun, then you're doing it wrong.

My Bikes
    Cannondale, Trek, Raleigh, Santana
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You folks out of the US don't know what you're missing! Thin Mints and Peanut Butter Sandwichs freeze well, if allowed to get cool. My daughters worked their butts off on this fund raiser.

Brad

My Bikes
    specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weren't the peanut butter sandwich cookies called Savannahs at one time many many years ago? They are my favorite
    (Life is too short to play crappy guitars) 2006 Raleigh Cadent 3.0, 1977 Schwinn Volare, 2010 Windsor tourist. ( I didn't fall , I attacked the floor)

In a state of 5th Dimension, where size has no meaning.
    My Bikes
    Gunnar Street Dog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss kenton View Post
    UMMMM! Girl Scout Thin Mints! It's the most wonderful time of the year, followed closely by the harvest of the candy corn.
    Never cared much for candy corn, but I'm with you on the thin mints. I can eat an entire tube of them. Best energy snack going.
    "The People will believe what the Media tells them they believe". George Orwell.

Colorado-California-Florida-(hopefully soon): Panama
    My Bikes
    Vintage GT Xizang (titanium mountain bike)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not interested in Girl Scout cookies. Or Girl Scouts. But some of the Girl Scouts' MOTHERS are something to behold!!!
    Who is John Galt?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies are easy to resist, it's those dang Samoas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Silver Eagle Pilot

In a state of 5th Dimension, where size has no meaning.
    My Bikes
    Gunnar Street Dog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xizangstan View Post
    I'm not interested in Girl Scout cookies. Or Girl Scouts. But some of the Girl Scouts' MOTHERS are something to behold!!!
    If you buy the cookies, maybe you'll get a chance to meet some. It hasn't worked for me yet, but lord knows, I keep trying. Hey, what the heck, it's worth the price of a box of thin mints.
    "The People will believe what the Media tells them they believe". George Orwell.