Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Way O.T. Santa bankrupt? Say it ain't so. (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/688927-way-o-t-santa-bankrupt-say-aint-so.html)

Dan Burkhart 10-19-10 04:12 PM

Way O.T. Santa bankrupt? Say it ain't so.

The story here.
http://chroniclejournal.com/stories.php?id=67858
Actually, I always thought he lived just a wee bit further north than Thunder bay, but anyway.

Retro Grouch 10-19-10 04:42 PM

Not quite yet but maybe soon.

By Christmas the Santa who lives at my house will have 15 grand children and 4 great-grandchildren to buy for. The ones who are over 16 are getting gas cards. The ones between 5 and 10 are getting digital cameras. That leaves five who are under 5 and one who is between 10 and 16. The adults in our family have a tradition of home made gifts so their moms and dads are getting frozen, home made, "Dad-the-Bad", "Chicken Chest", or "Chili-sin-Carne" chili.

I wonder if the gas cards would be necessary if we just gave everybody chili?

fat biker 10-19-10 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch (Post 11647269)
I wonder if the gas cards would be necessary if we just gave everybody chili?

I expect the chili for gas card would emit an unacceptable octane level.

For many years at my house, Santa has been on a cash only basis.

Ho,ho,ho...
Jeff

miss kenton 10-19-10 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Burkhart (Post 11647155)
Actually, I always thought he lived just a wee bit further north than Thunder bay, but anyway.

I don't know, I've been to Thunder Bay in the winter. Santa could live there.

Dan Burkhart 10-20-10 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by miss kenton (Post 11649303)
[/B]
I don't know, I've been to Thunder Bay in the winter. Santa could live there.

Bah. Thunder bay is in the tropics. I've worked as far north as 66 degrees north latitude in winter. I routinely go through Thunder Bay. Was there last Saturday.

miss kenton 10-20-10 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dan Burkhart (Post 11650565)
Bah. Thunder bay is in the tropics. I've worked as far north as 66 degrees north latitude in winter. I routinely go through Thunder Bay. Was there last Saturday.

Well Dan, call me namby-pamby, but any place where hotel parking lots feature plug-in heaters to keep one's car battery from freezing over, qualifies as a natural habitat for Santa's reindeer in my book.

Dan Burkhart 10-20-10 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by miss kenton (Post 11650810)
Well Dan, call me namby-pamby, but any place where hotel parking lots feature plug-in heaters to keep one's car battery from freezing over, qualifies as a natural habitat for Santa's reindeer in my book.

Not even close. When the trucks have to have belly tarps under the engine and the radiators fully closed in, then you're in Santa's neighbourhood.

miss kenton 10-20-10 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dan Burkhart (Post 11650916)
Not even close. When the trucks have to have belly tarps under the engine and the radiators fully closed in, then you're in Santa's neighbourhood.

Then, for Goodness Sake, Dan, please don't suggest that area as the location of the next Annual 50+ Forum Ride.
I want nothing to do with "belly tarps."

Dan Burkhart 10-20-10 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by miss kenton (Post 11651024)
Then, for Goodness Sake, Dan, please don't suggest that area as the location of the next Annual 50+ Forum Ride.
I want nothing to do with "belly tarps."

When the wind chill is minus 80, you won't be worried about a little fashion faux pas.

himespau 10-20-10 10:56 AM

Holy sweet mother. At -80, a snot rocket (should you be able to get one off) would be deadly.

miss kenton 10-20-10 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by himespau (Post 11651201)
Holy sweet mother. At -80, a snot rocket (should you be able to get one off) would be deadly.

Yet another item I want no part of.

The Weak Link 10-20-10 01:22 PM

Belly tarps and frozen snot rockets. Why does this thread make me feel kind of dirty?

stapfam 10-20-10 02:22 PM

I was going to answer with how hard it is going to be in the UK this Xmas without Santa- but I think it may be Off Topic now.

cranky old dude 10-20-10 04:43 PM

So let's see if I've got this right....

The reindeer are sporting stylish Belly Tarps this year and Santa is having a bullet proof windshield installed on his sleigh to protect him from frozen reindeer snot-rockets.

That's quite an investment, no wonder he's going broke!!

miss kenton 10-20-10 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by cranky old dude (Post 11653194)

The reindeer are sporting stylish Belly Tarps this year and Santa is having a bullet proof windshield installed on his sleigh to protect him from frozen reindeer snot-rockets.

:roflmao2::roflmao2:

Dan Burkhart 10-21-10 08:10 AM

Nah. Reindeer are so last year. He's delivering in style now. Probably the reason he's bankrupt.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2z6dshg.jpg

Louis 10-21-10 08:27 AM

Hey Cranky, those rockets ain't snot.:eek: