Thread: Fitday

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fitday

I know I have been away for awhile - a lot has happened in my absence and I may get around to telling it but lets just see how this one goes.

Before I wrote this I searched the posts for references to fitday - there were a few in passing but nothing that stands out.

I have been trying to loose weight all summer, cutting back - riding lots but no real success. A few weeks ago I stumbled onto Fitday, I logged my intake and activities carefully. What I found after a few days surprised me. My caloric intake was all over the map, my fiber intake was barely 50% of the recommended levels and my protein was much lower than I thought. Lots of carbs - LOTS of them.

So I changed things up, I significantly raised my protein intake and made sure I hit the RDAI for fiber each day. I really didn't have to worry about eating to much - it was hard to not get full. Within the first week I lost 5 lbs and had to start forcing myself to eat (not a problem I was used to). Now at this rate I will easily reach a good climbing weight for Whiteface - assault #2 next June.

All along I thought I was eating right, I had several pieces of fresh fruit each day, oatmeal with some dried fruit in the AM and a salad each night with dinner. In reality this was still not adequate. I had to replace my normal lunch sandwich with high protein, I had to add (yes add) a Kashi trail mix bar during the day and swap the oatmeal for Kashi Go Lean to even come close to hitting the numbers. I can still have my wine on the weekends and even have treats - but now I get to see the scale go down.

So if you have been struggling with the weight, and since we are going into the winter months, give this website a try - it's free and it provides you with a lot of good information to manage your diet, activities and lifestyle.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it merits a look-see.

Thanks for the link.

And be careful not to shrink down into tiny oblivion.

Neil_B
    I used the free version of Fitday when I dropped 150 pounds. The home version for 20 bucks is even better.

My Bikes
    Fuji Touring 2008
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used Fitday for years but started using Nutridiary about 6 months a go and like much it better, give it a try and see which one you like.
    http://www.nutridiary.com/default.asp

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Index.html
    Remember it's mind over matter
    if you don't mind it doesn't matter

Ride more and drive less.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ezdoesit View Post
    I have used Fitday for years but started using Nutridiary about 6 months a go and like much it better, give it a try and see which one you like.
    http://www.nutridiary.com/default.asp

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Index.html
    Thanks = I set up an account on nutridiary. It appears they give more info on fat intake than fitday. Since you used these you know that the first few weeks are a lot of work as you build your library of normal foods and portions. I am not sure I want to go through that again and change over. I can see that nutridiary has more info but I think fitday will be good enough and I already invested the time - thanks, anyone just starting out may want to start with nutridiary.

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO 105
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the links. I need to do something so I'll check out both and see which may work for me.
    Good luck reaching your weight loss goal.
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon 105

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Thanks for the links. I need to do something so I'll check out both and see which may work for me.
    Good luck reaching your weight loss goal.
    Yes - this is the same thing I felt. I did the dash diet 2 years ago (also a lot of calorie counting) and I lost about 25 lbs, but I just couldn't go on that type of regimented diet again so I only had moderate success keeping the weight off - over the last two years and after my shoulder fracture last winter I had picked up 18 lbs and was only able to shed 5 over this summer. Although my weight borders between normal and over weight I want to get closer to a weight where I can support the long arduous uphill ascents (like Whiteface) without blowing out my knees with the ability to achieve a respectable time. That means a loss of another 20lbs and I was making no headway on that.