Thread: Fitday

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fitday

I know I have been away for awhile - a lot has happened in my absence and I may get around to telling it but lets just see how this one goes.

Before I wrote this I searched the posts for references to fitday - there were a few in passing but nothing that stands out.

I have been trying to loose weight all summer, cutting back - riding lots but no real success. A few weeks ago I stumbled onto Fitday, I logged my intake and activities carefully. What I found after a few days surprised me. My caloric intake was all over the map, my fiber intake was barely 50% of the recommended levels and my protein was much lower than I thought. Lots of carbs - LOTS of them.

So I changed things up, I significantly raised my protein intake and made sure I hit the RDAI for fiber each day. I really didn't have to worry about eating to much - it was hard to not get full. Within the first week I lost 5 lbs and had to start forcing myself to eat (not a problem I was used to). Now at this rate I will easily reach a good climbing weight for Whiteface - assault #2 next June.

All along I thought I was eating right, I had several pieces of fresh fruit each day, oatmeal with some dried fruit in the AM and a salad each night with dinner. In reality this was still not adequate. I had to replace my normal lunch sandwich with high protein, I had to add (yes add) a Kashi trail mix bar during the day and swap the oatmeal for Kashi Go Lean to even come close to hitting the numbers. I can still have my wine on the weekends and even have treats - but now I get to see the scale go down.

So if you have been struggling with the weight, and since we are going into the winter months, give this website a try - it's free and it provides you with a lot of good information to manage your diet, activities and lifestyle.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it merits a look-see.

Thanks for the link.

And be careful not to shrink down into tiny oblivion.

Neil_B
    I used the free version of Fitday when I dropped 150 pounds. The home version for 20 bucks is even better.

My Bikes
    Fuji Touring 2008
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used Fitday for years but started using Nutridiary about 6 months a go and like much it better, give it a try and see which one you like.
    http://www.nutridiary.com/default.asp

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Index.html
    Remember it's mind over matter
    if you don't mind it doesn't matter

Ride more and drive less.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ezdoesit View Post
    I have used Fitday for years but started using Nutridiary about 6 months a go and like much it better, give it a try and see which one you like.
    http://www.nutridiary.com/default.asp

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Index.html
    Thanks = I set up an account on nutridiary. It appears they give more info on fat intake than fitday. Since you used these you know that the first few weeks are a lot of work as you build your library of normal foods and portions. I am not sure I want to go through that again and change over. I can see that nutridiary has more info but I think fitday will be good enough and I already invested the time - thanks, anyone just starting out may want to start with nutridiary.

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida.
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale SuperSix EVO carbon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the links. I need to do something so I'll check out both and see which may work for me.
    Good luck reaching your weight loss goal.
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale SuperSix EVO carbon

If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on. -- Lance Armstrong

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Thanks for the links. I need to do something so I'll check out both and see which may work for me.
    Good luck reaching your weight loss goal.
    Yes - this is the same thing I felt. I did the dash diet 2 years ago (also a lot of calorie counting) and I lost about 25 lbs, but I just couldn't go on that type of regimented diet again so I only had moderate success keeping the weight off - over the last two years and after my shoulder fracture last winter I had picked up 18 lbs and was only able to shed 5 over this summer. Although my weight borders between normal and over weight I want to get closer to a weight where I can support the long arduous uphill ascents (like Whiteface) without blowing out my knees with the ability to achieve a respectable time. That means a loss of another 20lbs and I was making no headway on that.