Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Coincidence?

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coincidence?

DG has finally started back--You have been missed Gary

Or is he-- He seems to have bought the sock fairy with him.

I know I had them at the end of Spring when They were washed- Put together and put into the winter wear box in the shed- along with the light fleece- the Shoe covers and the Sealskinz gloves.

So Where is one half of my pair of Sealskinz warm waterproof socks? On top of that- I sorted the pairs of socks from my LBS and you can sort out the pairs as they are all a different shade of Black as they have aged over the years. They are also handed but I now have 4 left hand and only 2 right hand.

Any one else having this problem?
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the time. I simply can not understand haw a matched pair of socks can go off my feet together, in to the laundry basket together, in to the washing machine together, into the dryer together, but only one comes out of the dryer, with it's mate showing up days or weeks later. Must be some type of sock/time vortex or something. Speaking of which it's time to go throught the single sock basket and find the matches, again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm...let me get this straight; DG reappears and suddenly stuff comes up missing? Mighty suspicious if you ask me.

Another question - your socks are L and R? All mine are non-polarized. Perhaps I'm missing something by purchasing generic socks.

And yet another question - if socks are really L and R, wouldn't they be called Left and Right footed instead of Left and Right handed?

We know that you folks over there drive on the wrong side of the road, we've grown to accept it, but this left/right Handed sock bit is gonna be hard to swallow.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish I could buy plain socks but over here mine have a logo that goes on the outside of the ankle. Generic socks? Thats the basic form of a properly constructed cycling specific sock if I remember rightly. Got plenty of those from the sports shop and $2 for a pack of five. They are not as good as the real thing.

The handed/footed bit has got me now- We don't drive on the righ foot side of the road over here.- Thats where the go-faster pedal is and we do think of ourselves as being more sedate in our driving style.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hilarious!!

Bare Feet avoids these problems : )
    2011 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5 - WSD
    1982 Miyata three-ten (good times!)

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my PI wool socks is missing. The reason is now clear to me.

My Bikes
    Fantom 29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you step on the brake of your car, your life is in your foot's hands.
    Aní though the rules of the road have been lodged
    Itís only peopleís games that you got to dodge ~ Bob Dylan

2010 Motobecane Fantom 29
    2010 Jamis Quest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garilia View Post
    When you step on the brake of your car, your life is in your foot's hands.

Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest the OP contact the Bureau of Missing Socks:

"The Bureau of Missing Socks is the first organization solely devoted to solving the question of what happens to missing single socks. It explores all aspects of the phenomena including the occult, conspiracy theories, and extraterrestrial. We offer support for the matching sock deprived, and catalog, research, index and document all extant material related to socks since the dawn of the shoe...."

http://www.funbureau.com/

Missing sock videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpTWa...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mXOwtUXCc4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDN7gB-Xxuc&NR=1
    Last edited by billydonn; 10-28-10 at 11:55 AM.

There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot

Banned.
    My Bikes
    Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop, don't blame DG!!!

I know how this works because I have had to explain this to my wife before. There is another dimension that most of us know nothing about. The most direct portal to this dimension if through the dryer. For years I have lost socks to this other dimension and never considered the fact that the dimension existed. Then I discovered there is a reverse portal called the junk drawer in your house. I used to believe the person on the other side on my personal portal took the socks and replaced them in my junk drawer with keys. I noticed one day I found keys in my junk drawer I knew nothing about nor did I have a lock they fit. I still didnít make the connection to my missing socks or gloves but soon a light came on.

When I moved to my current location I took up cycling again after about 19 years. At the time I had no spare cycling parts, tools, grease or even a parts box. But after getting back into cycling one of the first things after a bicycle I ended up with was a parts box. At first I kept the box on the sun porch and it only had a few little pieces in it. Then it acquired a saddle and a 110 MM head stem. About the same time my wife noticed a different set of Time Attack pedals and a crank and chain ring. When my wife asked about these new parts I realized it was the new dryer portal. Whoever was taking my socks and gloves with the new dryer was different than the old dryer and instead of keys they traded spare bike parts and transported them to my dimension in my parts box. I hardly ever find keys in the junk drawer anymore. So I explained my theory to my wife who walked away discussing my explanation to herself as she shook her head. I moved the box to the shed where more bikes have to be stored.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turn one sock inside out,presto,3 pair again!

I thought everyone knew that a spinning tub of static electricity is how the 4th dimension was formed....
    Last edited by Booger1; 10-28-10 at 12:27 PM.
    Everything should be as simple as possible...But not more so.---Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are way out of line there Stapfam. DG has had no opportunity, and especially no motive. What self-respecting San Diegan would wear socks with their beach thongs?

Have you checked under the clock to see if a family of Borrowers have moved in?
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From personal experience if you are ever missing a cycling glove check the chamois in your cycling shorts. Earlier this summer I could not find one of my gloves. Later, while on a ride, one of my buddies asked me about the lump that was on my butt. The velcro closer on the glove attached itself inside the shorts.
    oldschool areodynamic brick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet View Post
    From personal experience if you are ever missing a cycling glove check the chamois in your cycling shorts. Earlier this summer I could not find one of my gloves. Later, while on a ride, one of my buddies asked me about the lump that was on my butt. The velcro closer on the glove attached itself inside the shorts.
    You're supposed to put 'em in the front!

My Bikes
    (See sig block)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet View Post
    ...... Later, while on a ride, one of my buddies asked me about the lump that was on my butt. The velcro closer on the glove attached itself inside the shorts.
    And how many miles into the ride was this noticed by, uh, someone else??
    2011 Masi Speciale Randonneur
    2009 Trek FX 7.3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Robert Foster;11695811]
    I used to believe the person on the other side on my personal portal took the socks and replaced them in my junk drawer .

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    You're supposed to put 'em in the front!
    So, the missing socks are in the front of the drawers with the other junk?
    2011 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5 - WSD
    1982 Miyata three-ten (good times!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bare Feet View Post
    So, the missing socks are in the front of the drawers with the other junk?
    Um...well...you are right about the junk part.

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DG is secretly the sock fairy?

My Bikes
    Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Foster View Post
    Stop, don't blame DG!!!

I know how this works because I have had to explain this to my wife before. There is another dimension that most of us know nothing about. The most direct portal to this dimension if through the dryer. For years I have lost socks to this other dimension and never considered the fact that the dimension existed. Then I discovered there is a reverse portal called the junk drawer in your house. I used to believe the person on the other side on my personal portal took the socks and replaced them in my junk drawer with keys. I noticed one day I found keys in my junk drawer I knew nothing about nor did I have a lock they fit. I still didn’t make the connection to my missing socks or gloves but soon a light came on.
    [:
    By Jove, I think you're on to something! I have missing socks AND unidentified keys! Moreover, just recently, and I swear this is true, I found a pair of new brake pads in my "unmentionables" drawer!