Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Rotator cuff tendinitis, part 2

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Rotator cuff tendinitis, part 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-10, 01:29 PM
Climbing Above It All

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yen
I've already called the doc to schedule one before Jan 1 --- awaiting the call back to tell me where and when. I requested either contrast or no contrast, or ultrasound... whichever he feels gives the best results.
It is interesting that the patient gets to decide when an MRI is called for. lol Make sure you are pre-approved with your insurance co. though. I had to fight with mine to get them to cover the cost. And my injury was from a sudden trauma where there was no doubt what had happened.
Old 12-21-10, 01:34 PM
Yen
Surly Girly

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeWNC
It is interesting that the patient gets to decide when an MRI is called for. lol Make sure you are pre-approved with your insurance co. though. I had to fight with mine to get them to cover the cost. And my injury was from a sudden trauma where there was no doubt what had happened.
During my last appt. with the doctor, he told me that if I don't get results after 4 weeks of PT then he will order an MRI -- prior to that, I didn't asked for one or even mention it. Last night, my PT recommended that I get the MRI before the end of the year so the results will be ready by my next appointment with the doctor on Jan. 4. My insurance may not cover the whole cost, but may since my deductible has already been met for this year.
Old 12-21-10, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Weak Link
I'd get the MRI. I've had rotator cuff issues twice, got an MRI the second time. Even though I had no structural damage, it took about two years each time for the pain to go away. I bet I couldn't throw a baseball thirty feet now.
My MRI said I was fine 2 years ago. Still can't throw a baseball thirty feet either. Rotator cuff has to be one of the most frustrating injuries you can ever get.