Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Bikes
    Spec Roubaix, three Fisher Montare, two Pugs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new xmas pugs for wife

My pugsley is in transit but my wife got hers and I got it custom painted for her... it warmed up to 0F so we took a short jaunt..

tried twice to get an attachment added inline. no luck. oh well
    _MG_0084bweb.jpg_MG_0089bweb.jpg
    Last edited by digibud; 12-25-10 at 03:52 PM. Reason: nothing inline showing

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice bike and the custom paint was a neat touch for an all round tops Christmas gift. Hope you enjoy yours when it arrives.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dunno why I can't see the attachments. I've disabled all the Firefox plugins.

Actually both our pugs are xmas gifts from our daughter and husband...not a bad deal...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering if the aggressive tread on your bike might not be better for packed snow than the wife's Pug w/ lesser tread?

Looks like fun. Really nice gifts.

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic present - great job on the paint!

My Bikes
    Felt AR4 and Cannondale hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. You people are tough. That really looks cold. Brrrrrr. Not sure I could handle that kind of cold. Here, cold is 40 degrees.
    Chief Executive In Charge Of Diddly Squat.

Taking on a long hill is like fighting a Gorilla. You don't stop when you are tired, You stop when the Gorilla is tired.

Now ridding a
    Felt AR4 with Mavic Super light Premium wheels
    Cannonade Hybrid

If you lack the courage to start, you have already finished.

In God we trust

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildwood View Post
    Just wondering if the aggressive tread on your bike might not be better for packed snow than the wife's Pug w/ lesser tread?

Looks like fun. Really nice gifts.

No question about it although for snow-packed or unpacked the pugs shines. It's when the packed snow takes on the characteristics of ice that the studded tires shine. The tires on my bike are Nokia 294's. My wife's other mtb bike also has studded tires. The pugs tread does little (little, not nothing) to help on ice. My Nokia 294's are definitely better on glare ice. The pugs large footprint does help quite a bit but it doesn't compare to studded tires. My wife road a bit more carefully when we were on glare ice and kept a bit to the side where there was snow cover. She hit the brakes on some glare ice to test it and did fishtale a bit, whereas I would be rock solid with my studs in the same situation. The basic rule is "pugs rules on snow but studs rule on ice". There isn't enough of a need for pugs tires with studs to have them made commercially and I won't bother making ours into studded tires, but when we head out from the house to local trails we could definitely use studded Endomorphs or Larry's. Still, with just a bit of care, ice isn't a problem. Our pugs are brand new to us so it's going to be interesting as we get onto local trails with overflow (ice) and such but we're looking forward to all of that.
    We are both right about 60yrs old and I have two torn rotator cuffs and really do need to take care about falling on my shoulder which could put me out of commission for months...but I simply refuse to lie down and take it like a girly-man. I may go down but I'll do down laughing, even if it hurts. The pugs are all about getting us out there with a smile and I'll keep cranking away as long as I can. Next: a pair of Specialized Roubaix...

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil85207 View Post
    Wow. You people are tough. That really looks cold. Brrrrrr. Not sure I could handle that kind of cold. Here, cold is 40 degrees.
    cold is 40 degrees...bwahahah haha..falling off chair...bwahahahaha

Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by digibud View Post
    dunno why I can't see the attachments.
    Hope this helps. (pretty cool bike by the way, congrats to her!)

Last edited by Siu Blue Wind; 12-26-10 at 04:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hope what helps? Nothing there. Firefox apparently does not show anything attachments for this forum, even with all add-ons turned off.

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, ain't 'dat cool! (Pun intended)

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hope what helps? Nothing there. Firefox apparently does not show anything attachments for this forum, even with all add-ons turned off.
    It's not Firefox. I'm seeing the pictures fine with Firefox. Great looking bikes, but you can have the cold. I'm looking at snow out my window and hoping it will melt soon. Once every five years or so is plenty for me, and this snow came 4 years early.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See everything here since the original post and I use Firefox, too. Nice bikes and great pics in the snow. Still glad I live in Florida on the Gulf.

Bill

My Bikes
    96 gary fisher 'utopia' : 99 Softride 'Norwester'(for sale), 1972 Raleigh Twenty. Surly 1x1 converted to 1x8, 96 Turner Burner
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pictures. It would be interesting to learn what clothing gear you wear in those temps.
    I'm always looking for new stuff. And you folks in Alaska, particularly Fairbanks, got it going
    when it comes to cold weather protection.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Pugslys are cool, and I want one. It's going to have to wait till I decide which two bikes to get rid of to make room for it though.
    Wow, that's a hard decision. I think it will be a while.
    Wait, my wife has two bikes..., nah, better not if I want to sleep in my own bed next year.
    Gearhubs demystified and other cool stuff.

Rule #12: The correct number of bikes to own is n+1

Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pugsley is in transit but my wife got hers and I got it custom painted for her... it warmed up to 0F so we took a short jaunt..

_MG_0084bweb.jpg_MG_0089bweb.jpg
    Looking Good... nice pics.
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics, cool bike!
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoatw View Post
    Nice pictures. It would be interesting to learn what clothing gear you wear in those temps.
    I'm always looking for new stuff. And you folks in Alaska, particularly Fairbanks, got it going
    when it comes to cold weather protection.

I wasn't out long because my wife is still having problems with her glasses freezing/fogging but in the 0F range I wear Keen boots (no clips), two thin long john bottoms, bike shorts, full length biking pants that are windproof on the front and an open weave that breathes on the back. Up top I wear two thin polypro top layers, a thin polypro type vest and a Bellweather (I think that's the brand) shell that is windproof in front but breatheable on the back and on the back of the arms. I wear medium weight synthetic gloves that are breathable inside pogies on my hands, sometimes using thin polypro inner glove liners. I have on a medium weight balaclava under my snowboarding helmet that allows me to open or close vents most of the time. Sometimes I skip the helmet. The trick is to have plenty of air circulation to prevent sweat buildup as much as possible. It will happen regardless (for me) but I have as little on as I possibly can. For longer rides that means panniers or something is a must because my riding clothing will not keep me warm enough if I have a flat tire or other problem. When you start a winter ride (at least when I do) you should be pretty chilly for 15min. Almost uncomfortably so, but after 10-15min of working out you warm up just fine and then it's all good. If we are comfy when we leave the house we know a layer will have to come off in 10-15 minutes.

Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice Pugsley... I want one too. (Hmmmm.... Or maybe just some studded tires on my Crosscut.)

There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it float on those donuts? Lets see some close ups of the paint, it looks really good.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll get some closeups soon. The whole paint thing is a story...it looks decidedly orange under florescent lights and I was quite disappointed when I went to pick it up, but once it is taken outside in full spectrum sunlight it is a very nice red. The paint job really does seem to be quite nice. I think my wife is going to choose to put decals back on and when/if that decision is done I'll put on some clearcoat or wax. I'd paint mine too but first new shifters, racks and sacs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very thoughtful gifts from the kids!
    And the red looks really nice on my computer
    Bet you can't wait yours to arrive!
    2011 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5 - WSD
    1982 Miyata three-ten (good times!)

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have looked at the "how to post pictures" threads but still can't see any inline images in this entire thread. I have started Firefox in "safe" mode to disable all the add-ons and still can't see anything. When I hit reply there are no HTML boxes to click on. My Posting Permissions settings at the bottom of each thread shows "HTML code is Off and I don't know how to turn it on or if it is involved with this problem. Any help?

My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to your settings page (link at the right hand top of any page) and find the HTML switch and turn it on. I believe that is your problem. Also make sure your setting for images is turned on there.

Bill

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I go to Settings in the upper right corner of this thread page...I click Attachments...nothing there...I go to General Settings...in Thread Display I have Show Sigs, Avatars and Images all checked. I have Enhanced Interface checked (In Misc. Options) and I have Enchanced Attachments Uploading turned On. I see nothing else regarding HTML. I'd like to get this solved but can't get any html control boxes to show in the Quick Reply or Advanced area and nothing is showing up inline within this thread but I do see some inline posts in other threads. I'm sure the "HMTL is Off" I see at the bottom of this thread is key but can't find how to turn it on.

Still don't have HTML set to On...but I solved much of my problem in a Firefox preference, "Load images automatically" was set to "no" for bikeforums specifically. I have no idea how that happened since I can't imagine doing it manually for any reason. I'd still like to know how to set HTML to "On" but there may be a blocked image that I can now see to help with that. jeez...
    Last edited by digibud; 01-09-11 at 02:23 PM. Reason: cuz I wanted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast