User Tag List

My Bikes
    Surly LHT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out crazy N.C. weather...

Up and down like this every year, but maybe can ride a few miles next weekend!

http://www.wral.com/weather/story/8838394/
    Last edited by Jiffyjam; 12-27-10 at 12:28 PM.
    Remember, not getting what you want can sometimes be a wonderful stroke of luck...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in New York visiting my daughter... today we awoke to about 18 inches of snow, cold wind and unplowed streets. It is amazing how people help each other out. We dug out three cars as well as my son-in-law's. Very big sense of community here in Brooklyn. Hopefully the roads will be sort of back to normal as I am taking the bus back to DC on Wednesday night... no biking here, but great times with the grandkids

train safe

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been having it rough over here. We are not prepared for lots of snow and when the roads- trains and Planes can't run- people have been justfiiably upset. Heathrow and Gatwick airports were closed and road travel has been difficult. Trains in the South were virtually non-existant and all of this was because we did not expect the weather to be as severe and we were not prepared.

Funny thing is that according to the News--The rest of Europe did not have the problem --Except for France where the airports were closed- Belgium where they were waiting for the De-icer for the runways that was stuck in a snowdrift in France and even Sweden had problems. Northern Europe closed down for a few days but we had the shining example of The U.S.A. where they never have problems.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 10" in my yard right now. The snow from the last storm melted just last week. Maybe we'll get winter over early. This is more weather than we're used to down this way.
    FS: Shimano DA 7900 brake calipers, DA 7900 Crankset 50/34 175mm and BB

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its been cold and snowy here but not nearly as bad as NC or points north. I'm looking forward to those 60 degree temps.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz