User Tag List

My Bikes
    2011 Trek SOHO Deluxe, and 2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garmin Edge 800 Firmware Update

Firmware version 2.1 is now available if you have the Garmin Web Updater.

I haven't tried my unit after the upgrade, but the list of changes was long.

My Bikes
    Trek 1.5 2009
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the prompt. I hadn't installed the web updater and would have missed this.

My Bikes
    2011 Trek SOHO Deluxe, and 2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are welcome.

I discovered it yesterday when I uploaded my ride information to Garmin Connect.

My Bikes
    Giant Propel, Cervelo P2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish this mattered to me.
    "If you're riding less than 18 MPH up a 2% grade please tell people Coggan is coaching you."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. I uploaded the new firmware too after your post. Thanks.
    FS: Shimano DA 7900 brake calipers, DA 7900 Crankset 50/34 175mm and BB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AzTallRider View Post
    I wish this mattered to me.
    I like it though I'd probably be just a well served by the 500. Did you ever get your powermeter?

My Bikes
    Giant Propel, Cervelo P2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeWNC View Post
    I like it though I'd probably be just a well served by the 500. Did you ever get your powermeter?
    Not yet. Still deciding whether to put it on the current bike or wait for N+1. Problem is, I really think I need to wait a bit for N+1, to be sure I make the right choice and get a bike that really truly works for me (and fits!). I want more training first. Of course I do -not- want to wait on the Quarq. But if I get a Quarq now, it has to be a threaded crankset (e.g., SRAM S975), and having a threaded crankset eliminates certain bikes from being N+1 candidates (like high end MAdones and Tarmacs), unless I were to buy a second Quarq. $$$! Lack of standardization can $ure complicate matter$.

Someone tell me to keep my head, not succumb to N+1, and make my current bike the best it can be before adding another 'new bike part holder'. Then I can order the Quarq with peace of mind, and blame it on you folks.
    "If you're riding less than 18 MPH up a 2% grade please tell people Coggan is coaching you."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AzTallRider View Post
    Not yet. Still deciding whether to put it on the current bike or wait for N+1. Problem is, I really think I need to wait a bit for N+1, to be sure I make the right choice and get a bike that really truly works for me (and fits!). I want more training first. Of course I do -not- want to wait on the Quarq. But if I get a Quarq now, it has to be a threaded crankset (e.g., SRAM S975), and having a threaded crankset eliminates certain bikes from being N+1 candidates (like high end MAdones and Tarmacs), unless I were to buy a second Quarq. $$$! Lack of standardization can $ure complicate matter$.

Someone tell me to keep my head, not succumb to N+1, and make my current bike the best it can be before adding another 'new bike part holder'. Then I can order the Quarq with peace of mind, and blame it on you folks.
    Haha, decisions, decisions. I'd like for the pedal spindle PM to come out. Garmin bought the company this year so I expect something sometime. They aren't talking about it though. I want power on my Garmin. I have a wired PT SL but I hate the clutter of two computers, plus the pain of trying to integrate the data after a ride. So I'm going to buy a PT Pro+ wheel and sell my wired SL. Eventually though, the pedals sound like the trick. Then I can use my favorite crank (DA) and whichever wheels I choose. Switching pedals from one bike to another sure is easier than swapping cranks or even rear wheels (it I want to keep the cassette with the same drivetrain).