User Tag List

Lucille
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Cheated on The Lemon

It's true.

The Lemon was needing new tires and maybe a gear repair, there was some kind of weird gear skip going on when I rode; and it's possible I could have done that and still needed to do more. But I need to ride now, to feel good and healthy and happy, to decide what the next chapter of my life will bring.

So I found this inexpensive used bike. It's kinda scratched up, but other than needing a very good cleaning, the saddle raised, and maybe a new chain sometime, it's good to go and a comfy ride for me. I'm riding tomorrow morning

Here's The Ig:

Picture 058.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    n+1 has struck again! Now you know the definition of the term.

My Bikes
    2011 Jamis Allegro 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GREAT, now unless you are going to ride a lot of dirt roads or trails, I'd get a set of say 26x1.75 road tires put on, that will make the bike "roll" a lot easier on the asphalt or concrete roads or trails. We also have "flat attack" liquid installed in the tubes to help with punctures from say throns and small nails. You can get these at "any shop", make sure you get a "water bottle" and cage installed "it's a big help" to make the distances a bit easier, jmho, ymmv.
    Take care, RIDE SAFE, have FUN!
    B.J. Ondo
    2011 Jamis Allegro 1

My Bikes
    2011 Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220, 1991 Bianchi Osprey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most photographs are improved when there is a feline spokesmodel in the frame. Too bad kitty has his back turned.

Lucille
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnMan View Post
    Most photographs are improved when there is a feline spokesmodel in the frame. Too bad kitty has his back turned.
    That's Navi, my son found her as a stray kitten when he was away at college. Young people move around to different places, so she came to live with me.
    Different people have different ideas of what is a perfect cat, but to me, she is perfect. She is not loud, but if you talk to her, she will sociably talk back. (A perfect guy is like that too )

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first bike when returning to cycling 21 years ago was a Giant Iguana. It was steel and had no suspension, but was a good starter MTB.

It looks good, but it would look better with some mud splattered on it. Go play in the dirt!
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Cannondale t1, Koga-Miyata World Traveller
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Giant mountainbike is a better other choice. Particularly if it is ready to ride as is.
    I hope you were able to return the Cannondale. If it needs all that work before you ride it, it isn't such a great deal.
    Enough chatting on the Bike Forum. Time to ride. Texas is warm and dry in the winter isn't it?

I'm such a coward. Winter here is wet and cool. I'm only getting out once a week.
    The one who has the most bikes wins.

Lucille
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is raining right now but in a little bit when the sun comes up I'm going to go ride and see what this Iggy is made of

Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    My first bike when returning to cycling 21 years ago was a Giant Iguana. It was steel and had no suspension, but was a good starter MTB.

It looks good, but it would look better with some mud splattered on it. Go play in the dirt!

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better get a bigger shed.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Terraferma 650b, Mondonico SL and ELOS, Masi Gran Criterium, Trek 610, Breezer Liberty, Georgena Terry Classic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're in trouble now! The best road bikes don't take cheating lightly.

It doesn't matter how many pets you put in the picture.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, indeed N+1 has hit early. And. it's blue!
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good move on your part!

Now you've got a spare bike. Ride one and wrench on the other...it doesn't get much better than that.

Don't be afraid or ashamed to get guidance or assistance from your Local Bike Shop either. Throw some repair work their way also. They're almost always willing to help and teach a regular customer.

My Bikes
    Volagi, daVinci Joint Venture
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucille, your attribution of human characteristics to your second ride is a most excellent example of anthropomorphism and shows you have already ascended a level toward bicycling nirvana. We need more newbies such as yourself to initiate these entertaining threads since those in cold climes (I'm not one of those!) need something to do over the winter besides layering up
    Rick T
    --------
    Volagi - Triple"ized" and Tubeless
    daVinci Joint Venture

My Bikes
    Terraferma 650b, Mondonico SL and ELOS, Masi Gran Criterium, Trek 610, Breezer Liberty, Georgena Terry Classic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Lucille, your attribution of human characteristics to your second ride is a most excellent example of anthropomorphism and shows you have already ascended a level toward bicycling nirvana. We need more newbies such as yourself to initiate these entertaining threads since those in cold climes (I'm not one of those!) need something to do over the winter besides layering up
    And lying around, in my case!

Lucille
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Fan View Post
    And lying around, in my case!
    Me too. It has been cold and raining steadily ALL DAY. Of course, some hardbody is going to chime in chirping how he biked thirty miles in the rain here in Texas.
    I did do something useful, I cleared out part of the back room where the bike rack is going to be. It only holds two so that's all the bikes I can have.

Anyone remember this decades-old tune?:
    "Torn between two bicycles, feelin' like a fool, loving both of you is breaking all the rules"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucillle View Post
    Me too. It has been cold and raining steadily ALL DAY. Of course, some hardbody is going to chime in chirping how he biked thirty miles in the rain here in Texas.
    I did do something useful, I cleared out part of the back room where the bike rack is going to be. It only holds two so that's all the bikes I can have.

Anyone remember this decades-old tune?:
    "Torn between two bicycles, feelin' like a fool, loving both of you is breaking all the rules"
    Hey,guys,what is your best guess on how long will it be before she is cleaning out some more stuff to have a place for the next bike? The way it's going I'll be kind and give her a month.

My Bikes
    2006 Trek Rail 2007 Diamondback Dellacruz 1.0 2009 Trek Lime 2009 Jamis Boss Cruiser 7 1980s Nishiki Road Bike 1993 Cannondale R700 (Criterium) 1993 Cannondale V1000 1995 Cannondale M1000 1996 Cannondale Killer V900 1996 Cannondale M900 CAD3 1997 Ca
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bikes like to live in herds. The more of them there are in one house, the happier they are and the better they ride.
    Foxye, the Floribbean

2006 Trek Rail
    2009 Trek Lime
    2009 Jamis Boss Cruiser 7
    1980s Nishiki Road Bike
    1993 Cannondale V1000
    1994 Cannondale Killer V900
    1995 Cannondale M1000
    1996 Cannondale Killer V900
    1996 Cannondale M900 CAD3
    1997 Cannondale F1000
    1997 Cannondale Super V 2000