Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 03-01-11, 08:51 PM   #26
outwest5

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Neither was I, Garilla. I didn't want a Giant, a Trek, a Specialized or any of the massive manufacturer's bikes. I chose a Kona for my hybrid. I love it. I wanted a Felt for the roadbike. There is a certain coolness, not going mainstream factor with the Felt (in Southern California, that is) that I liked. It is different than most of the bikes around. I like being a little different.

I hope you do try the Bianchi, you won't be sorry. If there was a Felt dealer around you, you should give them a look-see, too. They have the same feel as the Bianchi, but the Bianchi does have that European design thing going. They are real head-turners.

Tom, So glad the bike works for you! My husband has one leg that isn't straight (a touch of scoliosis). He got a pedal extender on that side of his bike because his heel turns in when his bike shoes are clipped in. His heel doesn't hit the crank (his foot isn't straight). Every bike needs tweeking to the owner.

Last edited by outwest5; 03-01-11 at 09:00 PM.
outwest5 is offline   Reply With Quote