Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else doing RtR or BTC in Colorado this year?

I rec'd the email today that they enjoyed my money so much last year they are going to accept it again. This year's ride doesn't have as much climbing as last year's-but the night's might be a little cooler due to the elevations where we're camping.

I'm still seriously considering doing The Bicycle Tour of Colorado the following week since I'm already out there. However the route looks pretty challenging--more mileage plus a ton of climbing. There would be a day off in Glenwood Springs so that would be a big plus.

I just need to figure out how to get from the finish of RtR (Georgetown) to the start of (Central City) with my bike and luggage. I guess I could get the bike transport folks to take my bike from one place to the other since it's the same company. Worst case I could take the RtR bus back to Denver and then catch the BTC transportation from from Denver to Central City.

Any locals know of other options?

Anyone else doing eithe of the rides?
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Pinarello, Cannondale Team Scalpel, Raleigh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I'm signing up for the BTC, you're right, lotta climbing! Trying to figure out if I ride my cushy touring bike (MotoBecane with triple) or ricky racer bike (Pinerrelo with compact).