User Tag List

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first bike specific tool.

40 years ago (more or less) I bought a VAR cable cutter. It was the first bike specific tool that I ever bought but it had ceased making a very clean cut. Last night, while hanging out in the shop with my son, I took it down off of the pegboard and started fooling around with it. It has a provision for tightening the jaws and voila - it's making crisp, clean cuts again. I hung it back up on the active duty section of my tool board. VAR cable cutters rock!

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bet you are glad you looked again. I am one who also tries to get 'everything' out of a tool. I don't have the cable cutter though, I use a dremel toool.

In a state of 5th Dimension, where size has no meaning.
    My Bikes
    Gunnar Street Dog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VAR is one of those companies that apparently has been around so long, no one really knows how long they've been around. Glad you got your tool working again. My first bike specific tool was a "bone wrench". Small, with
    a ball at each end, with various hex nut sizes cut into the balls. Not sure where it is at the moment. It's stashed in my collection of stuff somewhere. I think I paid something like a dollar twenty five for it.
    I thought I was suffering from depression once. Turned out, I was simply surrounded by idiots.