Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Schwinn World Traveler, Raleigh Port Townsend, Bianci Roadmaster, Raleigh Clubman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LBS expecting a good year?

I wonder if my LBS is expecting a good year? He has not one, but two cargo containers tucked around the side of the building. That is a lot of bikes and gear.
    We have met the enemy and they is us.

Pogo

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...either that or is store is so full of inventory from last year that he can't get the new stuff on the floor....

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure that he's not living in one of them?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My LBS just had his worst year ever. I'm getting concerned that he won't be able to stay in business if things don't pick up. In fact, I think the only reason he is still open is because he loves bikes and cyclists too much to close.

My Bikes
    Pacific Reach, Specialized Myka Expert
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My LBS says they had a pretty good year and are expecting to do well this year too. They do service on all bikes, but on the sales side they specialize in higher-end mountain bikes, so it seems that sector is doing well here. They're also extremely good at building a community among their customer base.

My Bikes
    Schwinn World Traveler, Raleigh Port Townsend, Bianci Roadmaster, Raleigh Clubman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the shop is doing OK. They did a major remodel over the winter, and every time I go in, except for the high end road bikes, the floor stock sames to have changed.
    We have met the enemy and they is us.

Pogo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the weekend to switch from studded winter tires to summer tires so I stopped by the LBS twice this weekend -- once to drop off and once to pick up. I arrived early Saturday and the place was jammed with customers, so busy that they weren't able to work on my bike until this morning. Only one other customer in the shop when I visited today, but he was getting a new bike. For the first time, they are now open on Sunday. I'd say they are already beginning a good year.

Paul

My Bikes
    2011 Trek SOHO Deluxe, and 2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The LBS where I purchased my bicycle has many stores in Houston. They have been relocating older stores to newer buildings; so, I suppose they are prospering.

In a state of 5th Dimension, where size has no meaning.
    My Bikes
    Gunnar Street Dog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My LBS has a very strong on-line presence, and a good chunk of their business is done on-line. What started years ago as an experiment, has now grown into a department within the shop.
    Before that, they would go to "Seasonal hours", with most employees going to part-time status. I believe they are expecting a decent year.
    I thought I was suffering from depression once. Turned out, I was simply surrounded by idiots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One is doing ok for a recession and they expect to make it through the downturn. The other favorite, in a nearby town closed recently. Bummer. bk