Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Way, way off topic (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/727525-way-way-off-topic.html)

overthehillmedi 04-13-11 08:44 PM

Way, way off topic

Could one of you fine people please instruct this computer illiterate how to quote just part of a posting., and multiple post on the same reply. Thanks in advance.

CbadRider 04-13-11 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by overthehillmedi (Post 12503830)
Could one of you fine people please instruct this computer illiterate how to quote just part of a posting., and multiple post on the same reply. Thanks in advance.

Click the ("+) box next to the "Reply with Quote" box for each post you want to quote.
Then click "Reply with Quote" on the last post. It should open a new box with quotes of all of the posts you selected.
Move your cursor to the quoted posts and edit them to quote only part of the post.

overthehillmedi 04-13-11 09:15 PM

Thanks

chinarider 04-13-11 09:38 PM

And if you want to quote multiple portions of the same post, copy & paste the bracketed quote & unquote you find after hitting reply with quote and put then at the beginning and end of each section you want to quote. Don't know how clear that is.

Dan Burkhart 04-13-11 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by overthehillmedi (Post 12503830)

Insert witty comment here.

Originally Posted by CbadRider (Post 12503861)
Click the ("+) box next to the "Reply with Quote" box for each post you want to quote.
Then click "Reply with Quote" on the last post. It should open a new box with quotes of all of the posts you selected.
Move your cursor to the quoted posts and edit them to quote only part of the post.

Another one here.

Originally Posted by overthehillmedi (Post 12503975)
Thanks

And here.

Originally Posted by chinarider (Post 12504096)
And if you want to quote multiple portions of the same post, copy & paste the bracketed quote & unquote you find after hitting reply with quote and put then at the beginning and end of each section you want to quote. Don't know how clear that is.

Cool. I didn't know that either. Just had to give that a little test run here.

chinarider 04-13-11 10:22 PM

And perhaps obviously, once you do your quoting, you can then place your cursor after each section and comment on them separately.

RonH 04-14-11 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by overthehillmedi (Post 12503975)
Thanks

Ok, now show us what you've learned. ;)

rck 04-14-11 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by RonH (Post 12505237)

Originally Posted by chinarider (Post 12504259)
And perhaps obviously, once you do your quoting, you can then place your cursor after each section and comment on them separately.

Originally Posted by Dan Burkhart (Post 12504187)

Another one here.

And here.

Gee, thanks overthehill for asking that question. I've wanted to know that myself but have been to shy to ask.:D

rck 04-14-11 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by rck (Post 12507786)
Gee, thanks overthehill for asking that question. I've wanted to know that myself but have been to shy to ask.:D

Originally Posted by chinarider (Post 12504259)

Originally Posted by Dan Burkhart (Post 12504187)

Another one here.

And here.

Don't mind me! I'm just practicing.

Retro Grouch 04-14-11 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by rck (Post 12507786)

Originally Posted by CbadRider (Post 12503861)

Originally Posted by chinarider (Post 12504096)

OK fine. So do I pass?