Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Salsa Beargrease XX1, Trek Eqnuinox 9.9 SSL, Trek Madone 6.9 ,Trek District Carbon, Trek Boone7, Trek Fuel EX9.0,Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Equinox7, Trek District Belt
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help in adding a Youtube Video to a Posting

Can someone please help on how to get a video i have over on youtube to this site so i can post it here. It is about my trek Carbon District.. It says to add the URL..I have no idea on how to do that..HELP!
    Trek Fuel EX9.0 Trek Fuel EX9.5 Trek Equinox 9.9SSL TTX Trek Madone 6.9 Pro Red Project One, Trek Boone 7, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Carbon District

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copy and paste. Copy the url from the video on YouTube. Click on the filmstrip icon in the message box here. Paste the url in the box. Click OK.

The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Salsa Beargrease XX1, Trek Eqnuinox 9.9 SSL, Trek Madone 6.9 ,Trek District Carbon, Trek Boone7, Trek Fuel EX9.0,Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Equinox7, Trek District Belt
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks so much young man. I tried and tried to do exactly what your saying but darn.. do i right click to get the url? I cant seem to find the url..?
    Trek Fuel EX9.0 Trek Fuel EX9.5 Trek Equinox 9.9SSL TTX Trek Madone 6.9 Pro Red Project One, Trek Boone 7, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Carbon District

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The url is the web address of the page the video is on. Look in the address bar of your browser. It will be something like http://www.somethingoranother. The one for your video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVRB4G-FhfA
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    2011 Prius Three, Specialized Venge, Felt B16, Look 566, Giant TCXW
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I follow on???

I have a photos question. Many of the photos I see embedded in threads are full size, glorious shots. All I can seem to do is attach a thumbnail. How can I embed photos in my thread (if I want to)?

Thank you!!
    Racer Ex..."Don't know if the shop is under new ownership. If not feel free to shoplift stuff and break bottles in his parking lot."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarals View Post
    Can I follow on???

I have a photos question. Many of the photos I see embedded in threads are full size, glorious shots. All I can seem to do is attach a thumbnail. How can I embed photos in my thread (if I want to)?

Thank you!!
    There's more than one way to do this. You need to have an on-line album of photos and link to the photo there.

For instance, I use (free) Picasa to edit and manage photos on my PC. Then I can upload photos to the Picasa Web Albums.

I browse to a photo I want to use. This one, for example.

Then I right click the photo there, and select "Copy Image Location" (I use Firefox. Internet Explorer probably has a similar thing) Some web albums have a "link to this photo" which does the same thing, just copy and paste the link they show.

Here's the link I copied: http ://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_wc7ef8CMbxA/Sz_BmsvQFWI/AAAAAAAAC7M/BH4UK4QPcEw/s800/IMG_6770.JPG

At my BF reply I click the Insert Image button and paste the photo link in the popup box. It's easy.

Here's that photo:

Last edited by rm -rf; 04-21-11 at 10:20 AM.

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can find answers to many of your questions here.
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon

I thought of that while riding my bicycle -- Albert Einstein