My friend, Rob and I had a great ride at Dauset Trails today. We had the place almost to ourselves at first, but several people showed up later to enjoy the nice conditions. It was in the upper 60s, but the humidity still made it sweaty. The ground conditions were ideal with just enough moisture to keep it dust free and nicely packed with good traction, but no mud except the one part of Huff and Puff was closed, so I guess it was wet.

Dauset4221101 by BluesDawg, on Flickr

Dauset4221103 by BluesDawg, on Flickr

Some work has been done to Brownlee loop with a separate entrance and exit and it flowed very nicely. This may be my favorite part of the trails. I know for sure that the climb right after it is my least favorite.

Dauset42211Brownlee by BluesDawg, on Flickr

Huff and Puff was its gnarly old self with all that climbing and the terraces that are just as tough whether going up or down. That one sneaky step up at top of one of the climbs was even tougher than I remember with the root across the top sticking out even further. I made it over but had to put a foot down to push over the top.

Dauset4221105 by BluesDawg, on Flickr

We rode 15 miles, covering all the trails except the closed section of Huff and Puff. There is now a changing room by the parking area which was a very nice addition.

Dauset42211dr32 by BluesDawg, on Flickr

After a good hard ride at Dauset, a stop at Fresh Air Barbecue is always a good reward. We inhaled our BBQ plates and iced tea and headed home.

Dauset42211fa2 by BluesDawg, on Flickr