User Tag List

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

31 miles on Road Easier than 20 Miles on Trainer

Yesterday (because of weather) I did 20 miles on my bike trainer in the basement and thought the time would never end. Today, despite a slight sprinkle, I enjoyed 31.5 miles on the road. What a difference the real world makes! Trees just beginning to bud, gulls wheeling overhead, the damp, sweet smell of the fields; a short stop by the ocean to nibble on a Snickers and then the deep satisfaction that always comes with being part of the universe...and feeling healthy and relaxed.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miles on the road, yes. Miles on a trainer? Does not compute. Minutes or hours (heaven forbid) on the trainer, yes.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    Miles on the road, yes. Miles on a trainer? Does not compute. Minutes or hours (heaven forbid) on the trainer, yes.
    20 miles on the trainer=1 hour 2 minutes.
    31.5 miles on the road=2 hours 26 minutes (hills and wind and slow-downs, etc.)
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ( I don't know what's going on with my computer or this forum but, as anyone can see from this double post something is not right. where is the option to delete a duplicate post? Can't find it anywhere.)

To answer the above:
    Trainer miles of 20 = 1 hour 2 minutes. (No wind, hills or slowdowns)
    Miles on the road 31.5 = 2 hours 26 minutes

Yikes! It happened again!
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to Edit Post then delete.
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hit edit (lower right)
    hit delete (lower right)...new window opens up
    then click on bubble at lower left that says "delete"
    then hit delete at the lower right

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sculptor7 View Post
    20 miles on the trainer=1 hour 2 minutes.
    31.5 miles on the road=2 hours 26 minutes (hills and wind and slow-downs, etc.)
    Trainers don't move. It is a workout. It is not miles.

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    hit edit (lower right)
    hit delete (lower right)...new window opens up
    then click on bubble at lower left that says "delete"
    then hit delete at the lower right
    Not for me: That option is not one of the permissions I have. Why?
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trainers don't move. It is a workout. It is not miles.
    So when people post their total mileage are you saying they should not include trainer miles? Think a lot of them do.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So when people post their total mileage are you saying they should not include trainer miles? Think a lot of them do.
    Alot of them don't. Many on logging sites (me included) have my mileage compared only to those with outdoor mileage on the site. Not sure about the other sites but bikejournal has preffered settings.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People should do whatever they like. I don't track or post my total mileage anymore, but when I did I did not include time on a trainer. But do whatever you like. It doesn't have to make sense to me. Many things people do don't make sense to me.