User Tag List

My Bikes
    Felt AR4 and Cannondale hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cross training is killing me.

Shoveling up decorative rock from the rear of my garage to the street. I ruined a bike tire with a sharp rock cutting into the sidewall. A Cont. 4000s with approx. 200 miles on it. So out with the rock and in with the pavers.
    Using muscles I haven't used in a long time, and they are complaining loudly. Trouble is, I'm just starting this project. It would have been easier to walk the bike across the rock in my bike shoes, but I'm into it now. Where's the aspirin? The things I get myself into.
    Chief Executive In Charge Of Diddly Squat.

Taking on a long hill is like fighting a Gorilla. You don't stop when you are tired, You stop when the Gorilla is tired.

Now ridding a
    Felt AR4 with Mavic Super light Premium wheels
    Cannonade Hybrid

If you lack the courage to start, you have already finished.

In God we trust

My Bikes
    1980s Ciocc San Cristobal, 2000-ish Ciocc Titan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A (not-so-devout-hasn't-been-to-a mosque-in-decades) Muslim friend of mine once informed me that he doesn't cross train - he "crescent trains".

Not sure what this has to do with your post - blame it on the beer . . .
    "A bicycle built by a frame builder has the soul of the builder. A mass produced frame does not have soul. It doesn't know anyone." - Giovanni "Ciocc" Pelizzoli.
    “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” - Benjamin Franklin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My Ciocc San Cistobal
    Visit my website at http://ciocc-cat.angelfire.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it will look good, i find myself really thinking things though on projects anymore.Do i really want to cross train? that was pretty funny ciocc and i have not begun to drink yet today.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My neighbour is young- strong and fit. If I want to do any major strenuous jobs around the garden- I only have to mention the 8 lb wheels I have in the shed for the next ride he does on my TCR that he is borrowing.

And only one cure for the current aches and pains--Train more and shift the rest in double time.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan