Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horsefly Hundred

I rode in a nice organized ride in Western NC that included a 6 mile climb. The climb was situated towards the middle of the ride and it had warmed up pretty good by the time I got to it. The climb was mostly in the sun and I was sweating so badly I had completely unzipped my jersey and it was flapping in the wind.

Near the start of the climb a small swarm of horseflys decided to go up the climb with me...... and instead of gatorade they were using my perspiration for refreshment. I could not ride fast enough to outrun them and there were so many I'd swat one off while another one would be biting the fool out of me. That was totally miserable.

I did manage to eventually drop the darn things once I got to the top of the climb as the descent allows speeds close to 50 mph.

I think that was a first for me....
    Last edited by jppe; 05-22-11 at 07:01 AM.
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch. I don't think I'd like to have horseflies as an incentive to ride faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*