Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tour of California "spoiler"

Just seems appropriate, no?

Hebden Bridge, W. Yorks, UK (Brontė country)
    My Bikes
    Road: Al Cannondale, Steel Basso. MTB: Steel hardtail.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy to say that I've just watched a recording of the stage and I enjoyed it.

Anybody who came on this forum without having yet seen it would have had that pleasure greatly reduced by your thread title. Have you never heard of the *SPOILER* convention? (I.e. something like "TOC - Mt Baldy stage - *SPOILER*")

Also - for people who want to avoid reading race results before watching recorded coverage, it would be better if you kept discussion of racing to the Professional Cycling For the Fans forum.
    Filippo Pozzato's NAKED SIDI bike shoes ad - WTF were they thinking!
    My Mk2 Crud Roadracer fenders review (do you actually LIKE that dirty wet stripe up your back?)

My Bikes
    Road, touring and mountain
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha ha! Yes a great day for the baldy's among us.

A fitting post for the Fifty+ forum, and the right place to get a good scolding too----Get off my lawn sonny!
    Those voices in your head aren't real, but they have some great ideas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps I should of been more explicit. This was intended to be a humorous take on the fact that both those guys are balding, an appropriate subject for the 50+ forum, no? As for spoiler... oh well.

Hebden Bridge, W. Yorks, UK (Brontė country)
    My Bikes
    Road: Al Cannondale, Steel Basso. MTB: Steel hardtail.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay - I missed the joke! I didn't realise that Chris Horner was bald until he took his helmet off. It won't be long before I join him (in lack of hair that is - my racing prowess could be described in large print on the back of a postage stamp).

But ... you could still have written ToC joke (Warning contains *SPOILER*)
    Filippo Pozzato's NAKED SIDI bike shoes ad - WTF were they thinking!
    My Mk2 Crud Roadracer fenders review (do you actually LIKE that dirty wet stripe up your back?)

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can appreciate the humor, but agree that posting race results in thread titles is not the best form.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    '13 Felt Z3, '08 Jamis Aurora Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looigi View Post
    Perhaps I should of been more explicit. This was intended to be a humorous take on the fact that both those guys are balding, an appropriate subject for the 50+ forum, no? As for spoiler... oh well.
    "Oh well" ???? What kind of crap is that.
    Due to some personal stuff going on in my life, I've tapes the ToC and about a week behind.
    I was really looking forward to the Mt Baldy stage. Won't bother now. Thanks a heap, jerk.
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

My Bikes
    Giant Propel, Cervelo P2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure glad I watched it last night, or I'd be pissed too! How about either editing the subject, or asking to have the thread deleted? There may still be people who don't want the results spoiled.
    "If you're riding less than 18 MPH up a 2% grade please tell people Coggan is coaching you."

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF, so cranky! This was posted the day after the stage, I think it was totally appropriate to title the post this way. The stage was fun to watch, your problem if you can't watch it now. I really don't see the OP as the jerk here.

My Bikes
    Giant Propel, Cervelo P2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    I think it was totally appropriate to title the post this way.
    You are wrong. 'Nuff said.
    "If you're riding less than 18 MPH up a 2% grade please tell people Coggan is coaching you."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, well I didn't intend to spoil anybody's fun. I record sporting events but it never bothered me to learn the outcome before watching them. I figure if it's done it's done and often check the news feeds just after an event to find out the results even if I've recorded them, so it just didn't occur to me at the time. I will endeavor to be more considerate of those to whom these things matter, but new is news and you can only hide from it for so long.

I figured if I pissed anybody off, it'd be the bald guys.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can take baldy jokes all day long, but spoil a pivotal mountain stage in July and risk being reduced to a pile of ashes.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Retired USAF, C-130 Guy M_Wales's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Shopping
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm not balding, but I do love the fact that Horner is one of the oldest racers and he KICK BUTT...

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why it wasn't a big deal to put the results in the tag line the day AFTER the stage, it was NOT a surprise that Horner and Leipheimer would win it. Anyone who couldn't predict that knows nothing about the race, or the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    That's why it wasn't a big deal to put the results in the tag line the day AFTER the stage, it was NOT a surprise that Horner and Leipheimer would win it. Anyone who couldn't predict that knows nothing about the race, or the sport.
    In a mountain stage that has one of the best young climbing talents in the world who may well have won last year's TdF but for an unfortunate chain drop (and may yet declared the winner), you say the outcome was obvious? There is no room in your view for the possibility that Schleck either had a bad day on Sierra Rd. or that his schedule called for a stronger ride on Mt. Baldy? I don't know. I think people could know a great deal about the sport and still not have predicted the results.

So, who will win the time trial at the Giro tomorrow?

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha ha, the tread started with an innocent little joke about two bald men and a mountain, sure went down hill fast! Sorry Looigi for the way it turned out, but I got a chuckle out of the humor this morning, thanks!.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey...old bald cyclists is a pretty exclusive club. Leipheimer and Horner may be great riders, balding, and getting older, but they're not yet qualified for entry into the 50+ forum.

I'll be careful to not post anything about the outcome from American Idol and Dancing With the Stars either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I just noticed over on Road Bike Cycling forums that they list news items along the right side of the screen on all of their forums including current race results with thumbnail pix. So, if you are concerned about spoilers, be very careful over there.

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't worried about spoilers since I was there at the top of the Ski Lifts climb on Baldy on race day. Great to see the finish, all the riders coming through at the summit, the podium ceremony, the interviews, etc.

All good! Hope they have a Mt. Baldy stage next year too! Great to see the pros riding the roads we ride all year around (well, except when there's too much snow on Baldy).

Rick / OCRR

My Bikes
    2011 Prius Three, Cannondale CAAD 10.3, Felt B16
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Wales View Post
    Well I'm not balding, but I do love the fact that Horner is one of the oldest racers and he KICK BUTT...
    ...and he's cute, too!
    Racer Ex..."Don't know if the shop is under new ownership. If not feel free to shoplift stuff and break bottles in his parking lot."