My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Morning Ride Video Clip

Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was expecting a music video.

My Bikes
    Felt AR4 and Cannondale hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks foggy and cold.
    Chief Executive In Charge Of Diddly Squat.

Taking on a long hill is like fighting a Gorilla. You don't stop when you are tired, You stop when the Gorilla is tired.

Now ridding a
    Felt AR4 with Mavic Super light Premium wheels
    Cannonade Hybrid

If you lack the courage to start, you have already finished.

In God we trust

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    I was expecting a music video.
    Guess I should have added a disclaimer. Really just experimenting with my digital camera's video and ability to post. Either that or get Lady Gaga to ride ahead of me in what she would consider a suitable cycling outfit.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Straight road- Smooth Asphalt-Foggy- Boring isn't it.

Glad you qualified it by saying it was a test. Not certain if it is bar or helmet mounted cam but I have to mount my camera on the bars. Road Rattle does make for a very shaky viewing but this is just the Video feature of the Camera (Not Video Camera). I like to post Vids of the more interesting rides and sections of it and I have put out "Hints" that I want to get a helmet mounted cam.

Only thing is- Get a large hard disc on the computer. Once you get into Editing the vids-You will need that space----And time to do it.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a helmet-cam. Nothing wrong with raw video. It can be at least as interesting if not more so than the typical music videos most people post. At least your video doesn't suffer from the rattling noise my first few videos had when I used a regular digital camera mounted on the handlebars. Now I use a Kodak Playsport mounted on the bars and there is almost no noise from bumpy roads. The picture quality is better too.

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    Straight road- Smooth Asphalt-Foggy- Boring isn't it.

Glad you qualified it by saying it was a test. Not certain if it is bar or helmet mounted cam but I have to mount my camera on the bars. Road Rattle does make for a very shaky viewing but this is just the Video feature of the Camera (Not Video Camera). I like to post Vids of the more interesting rides and sections of it and I have put out "Hints" that I want to get a helmet mounted cam.

Only thing is- Get a large hard disc on the computer. Once you get into Editing the vids-You will need that space----And time to do it.
    Actually, I was just holding the camera with my right hand just above the bar clearing the cables. When I uploaded it to Photobucket I realized I should have taken the video using the VGA setting which would have uploaded faster and taken less memory. A helmet cam would be nice sometime but for now I am just having fun with this little kodak my daughter bought for me.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ride awfully far toward the middle of the lane. I know you had a video going and there was probably no traffic and.....this point is probably moot.
    Last edited by bigbadwullf; 05-25-11 at 08:28 AM.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwullf View Post
    You ride awfully far toward the middle of the lane. I know you had a video going and there was probably no traffic and.....this point is probably moot.
    Normally I ride as far as practical to the right. At this time of day during the week and before the full season of tourists there is little traffic on this particular road which ends at the ocean. I am always listening for vehicles. Don't understand how people can ride (or run for that matter) with their ears plugged into ipods. The only other exception is when I am making a left turn and then, after checking behind me, always get right out and over to the left. In a case where the road forks to the left I stay right but signal that I am going to the left. At least then if someone cuts me off to make a right I will have the satisfaction of knowing (provided I am still conscious) that I did signal.
    Last edited by Sculptor7; 05-25-11 at 11:28 AM.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1