Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

snow Bank Pics on Trail Ridge Rd

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-11, 08:15 AM
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts

I'm finally in a Hotel in Glenwood Springs and have some downtime. I looked at the pics on my digital camera last night. Most of them were taken while I was riding.

I only have 2-3 from our adventure riding through Rocky Mountain National Park. However I think they'll be stunning. I got some shots of us riding between the snow banks and they are truly incredible. I only wish my camera had not quick working in the "white out".

I don't have the ability to upload any pics until I get back home but will get a few up next week. I took one shot yesterday where snow banked peaks not far away just became visible as we were cresting a climb. It was another WOW moment that I hope I adequately captured.

Funny-but I got a number of photos of my favorite sign-it's the one at the start of an approaching descent-the yellow warning sign that that has a truck on a downhill grade.

I tried to take a few over my shoulder while I was climbing to show the long line of riders behind me but when I looked at them I didn't see any riders. Either I was at the back or I had dropped them all!

Last edited by jppe; 06-23-11 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-23-11, 08:37 AM
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Looking forward to seeing those photos jppe! From your description it sounds like something we'd see from the Giro.

Rick / OCRR