Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need info on a bike.

My mate that is looking for a bike--- Well we are looking locally and on E-Bay. Missed on a couple because the price went too high for the quality of the bike but currently there are two we are looking at.

A Jamis Ventura Race 2007 that seems to fit the bill.

And

A 2009 Fuji Newest 1.0

Don't know either bike but I am prepared to think that the Jamis is one worth going for and that is going by the following that Jamis has on the 50+. But I do not know the Fuji.

Neither make is popular over here and that is due to lack of dealers and hence sales but what can you lot tell me about these bikes. Prices won't mean much but the Jamis had a retail of 1200 over here and I think it would be worth a bid up to 500. The Fuji and I am worried. Lower spec and I think lower grade of bike so will only go to 350

So What can you tell me about either of these models?
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Specialized
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine has a Fuji bike, not sure what model & it seems to be a good riding bike. Bought it used about a year ago & has had no issues. It's a road bike & he's put about 1000 miles on it.
    If you want a lighter bike ? Eat more salads !!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree that the Jamis is worth taking a shot at. I don't think there is a loser in their entire line up.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright
    Favorite rides in the stable: Indy Fab CJ Ti - Colnago MXL - S-Works Roubaix - Habanero Team Issue - Jamis Eclipse carbon/831

My Bikes
    '08 Fuji Roubaix RC; '07 Schwinn Le Tour GS; '92 Diamond Back Ascent EX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Components look pretty comparable. Fuji is triple and Jamis is compact double if that makes a difference to your mate. Jamis has CF stays which will smooth the ride a bit. My wife and I both have Fuji road bikes ('08 Roubaix RC for me and '06 Finest 1.0 for my wife) and they've been great.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He won the Bid on E-Bay for the Jamis. May be a 2007 but there is not much over here for 500 that is worth buying. He got it for 266.99p (About $400) How the 99p got there no idea but he is now the proud owner of a Tiagra 9spd Jamis Ventura race in Blue and silver. It should not be much different to the TCR-c that he is currently borrowing from me--Except he is worried about it only being a compact. The TCR is set up with a triple and on the couple of rides he has done on it- He used the granny.

But he is young and strong and fit. If he can't get on with a compact then I'll buy the bike off him for 200.

And to give you an idea--- Jamis is not very well known over here and I do not even think there is an agent. Hence the name not being known and not many bidders and the relatively low price he got it for. Last week he went for a 4 year old Sora equipped Bianchi Nirone but it went for just over 450 That only had a retail of 750 new and it looked well used.

So all I have to do is put the 8lbs wheels on it and get the brakes binding and I might be able to stay with him on next weekends shakedown ride.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan