Thread: I'm so BACK

My Bikes
    Specialized
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so BACK

Had a robotic assisted prostatectomy 8 weeks ago. I just turned 50 ! I've been able to ride my MTB & walk & lite jog for sometime, but couldn't do the road bike, it hurt in all the wrong places. Adjusted the setup a little & yesterday I burned up 20 miles of hilly road & it felt GREAT. Could've done more but wanted to make sure it would not cause a problem today. See the doc tomorrow & hope he turns me loose, (& the 1st PSA is good) look out road here I come. If you're having this, there is biking after this surgery it just takes time.
    If you want a lighter bike ? Eat more salads !!!!

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad your back. This is one of the many things that can go wrong in life, I am so glad you caught it in time and your experience reduces the fear for the rest of us. Keep us posted as you come back to full strength.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So by September you should be back to a Century ride

Just make certain that the Saddle has not changed.

Good on ya.

And 10 years on from RP for me--PSA is still a big fat "O"
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    2011 Prius Three, Specialized Venge, Felt B16, Look 566, Giant TCXW
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on ya! I'm glad everything is going well! It's so reassuring when you can come back quickly after such things.

For the gals out there, well, we have have our pitfalls, too. I had all of my internal girly bits removed a year ago March. It was pretty major surgery. I was told to stay off the bike for 90 days, but was back on it in around 60 (me, bad?). It took me about four months to get back what I'd lost, but now, sheeeeesh! I'm stronger than I have ever been at any point in my life.

There's riding after surgery for us women, too!
    Racer Ex..."Don't know if the shop is under new ownership. If not feel free to shoplift stuff and break bottles in his parking lot."

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had my Davinci a year ago April. Was allowed to begin riding in 6 weeks. Even did the MS 150 in September, but I will tell you true, it is just in the past month or so that I feel completely back to my cycling self. Don't get discouraged, it just takes "senior" bodies a while to completely recover. But since you are just kid, things should go faster for you. Those <0.1 PSAs are a wonderful thing.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are becoming quite a treasure chest of recovery experiences. Glad to see that things are progressing well.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridinmurray, I can remember last winter when we were comparing biopsy results...and now your riding 20 milers.

You rock dude!

My Bikes
    Specialized
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, guys. Looking for 30 or 60 in the Tour De Corn this month, probably the 30. Wanted to do my 1st century this year till this got in the way, maybe just see how it goes. But my bike seat may have changed. Does any of you know how long it will be before all has returned to normal, TLC mentioned up to a year?
    Hope you're doing well Dude,,,,,,
    If you want a lighter bike ? Eat more salads !!!!