User Tag List

My Bikes
    Cannondale Carbon Synapse 2, Cannondale F 500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about Yeti mountain bike

Thought I'd start by asking here. My son is looking to buy a mountain bike. He lives in Denver and is leaning towards a Yeti full suspension bike with good components. When he was younger and still lived with us, he was a pretty good trail rider. Last mtn bike I bought was over 10 years ago. I'm not familiar with Yeti and hope that others with much more knowledge than I can offer some feedback or recommendations. Thanks in advance.
    Larry
    Last edited by hikeandbike; 06-12-11 at 04:42 PM. Reason: forgot a pronoun and need to do a better job proofreading

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeti is a very reputable brand of mountain bike frame. I have not ridden one, but I ride with people who can afford better toys than I who have them, race them and love them.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeti--One of the classic bikes in UK Mountain biking. A few years ago they tried to make a bike for the masses but they have always made a bike that works. Still one of the best around and will always get praise from those of us lucky -or unlucky- enough to have followed them across the hills. Just a bit out of my price range but a bike that is on any ones list wanting a good bike.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Cannondale Carbon Synapse 2, Cannondale F 500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback.