Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: RtR Day 1

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RtR Day 1

Posting this a day late.

Travel day from Charlotte to Colorado. Bike buddy Bill W was very kind to take me to the airport on his way to do a bike ride. At Charlotte, Capt Sullenberger stepped off the plane we were flying out on. I also saw a neighbor flying to San Francisco and a coworker traveling to Aruba.

We were 30 mins late leaving Charlotte. Flew into Denver and I had to hustle to make the bus connection-was not able to get food or drink. Took a LONG 5hr bus ride to Crested Butte. The bus driver drove so hard down Monarch Pass the brakes overheated and were smoking badly. She urgently made everyone evacuate the bus. We were still 2 hrs away from Crested Butte. Fortunately an empty bus returning from CB came by, turned around and we transferred all our baggage over and off we went again.

Arrived around 6pm. WOW! Crested Butte is amazing. It's really green surrounded by lots of mountains covered in snow. I think we're going over one of them tomorrow.

I'm registered, tent is up, air mattress blown up, bike is assembled and I've transferred stuff to my bike box to hold for the 2nd week. It's 10 EDT and I'm finally sitting down to eat lunch/dinner. Pizza tonight!

I've already talked to several folks from last year.
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Road, touring and mountain
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Magnificent town, best known for mountain biking and telemark skiing. Enjoy your time there, and have a great RtR!!
    Those voices in your head aren't real, but they have some great ideas

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have fun. I imagine it is quite a bit cooler there than on the week I just spent on the Bicycle Ride Across Georgia. If you enjoy it half as much as I did my ride, you'll be very happy.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    Have fun. I imagine it is quite a bit cooler there than on the week I just spent on the Bicycle Ride Across Georgia. If you enjoy it half as much as I did my ride, you'll be very happy.
    I'm not missing the heat and humidity of the South one bit-it is so nice not to worry about cramping! I just wish I had my 30 year old legs to go along with my 50+ stamina. Agree these trips are terrific. I've already met tons of interesting people in just 2 days.
    Ride your Ride!!