Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning for NO Lights.

You may have heard this today but several of the Pro Riders are in France training for the TDF. Mainly up in the mountains but one of those riders ran into a spot of bother today. He was up in the Alps training on part of the TDF route and he was stopped by the local Gendarme for having no lights on his bike. Hang on-- Middle of day and a Team car behind him- Just a normal occurence at this time of year and even Normal French cyclists would be doing this at any time of the year. Without the team car of course.

But the rider was not French--It was Contador. Glad to see the French can still bear a grudge.

The road apparantly had a few tunnels on it and Contadour did fail a drugs test lat year but the Spanish authority has not banned him as it was not his fault.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably shouldn't have laughed... but I did.
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why that doper is training. Aren't we still waiting for a decision by the UCI or a judge or some other organization?
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the rider had been French, or riding for a French team, he probably wouldn't have been stopped.

That's my guess anyway.

Good to hear that Alberto is out there doing his homework though!

Rick / OCRR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Key word: "French". Enough said.
    If the French want a French winner...................................................... quit inviting all those darn foreigners
    Last edited by bigbadwullf; 06-15-11 at 02:53 PM.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

My Bikes
    '08 Fuji Roubaix RC; '07 Schwinn Le Tour GS; '92 Diamond Back Ascent EX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwullf View Post
    If the French want a French winner...................................................... quit inviting all those darn foreigners
    French will never win..............they give up too easily.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Giant Propel, Cervelo P2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contador's hearing was postponed, so he is able to ride in the tour, which he will dominate.
    "If you're riding less than 18 MPH up a 2% grade please tell people Coggan is coaching you."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contador wasn't stopped for riding in daylight without lights. He was stopped for riding in tunnels without lights. I myself have been stopped by the police (in the US) for riding in the dark without lights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CACycling View Post
    French will never win..............they give up too easily.
    Fortunately they didn't give up at Yorktown in 1781.

My Bikes
    Cannondale, Trek, Raleigh, Santana
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stapfam, I hadn't read about this, good to start a day with a smile! All-in-all just good publicity for AC.

Brad

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know in reading this thread, the one thing that kept popping back into my thoughts was this.... how nice must it be to have a team car following behind you? The entire thread on "First Flat" http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...703-First-flat would be rendered meaningless.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gear View Post
    Fortunately they didn't give up at Yorktown in 1781.
    Well.........OK...........once. Got us there.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwullf View Post
    Hmmm...
    Mavic, Huret, Time, Look, Chistophe, Hutchinson, Stronglight, Simplex, Ideale, Michelin, Lyotard, Nervar, Peugeot, Motobecane, TdF, Paris-Roubaix, Hinault, Longo, Jalabert, Anquetil, Robic, Fignon, etc.... seems they've done a bit for cycling. But hey, let's just go ahead and judge 63 million people based on the actions of a few.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contador wasn't stopped for riding in daylight without lights. He was stopped for riding in tunnels without lights. I myself have been stopped by the police (in the US) for riding in the dark without lights.
    Having lived in France- I understand the French-And the gendarmerie. And that sport called Cycling- The french love it and anyone doing it. They will physically assist anyone involved in the sport or any other sport for that matter. But do not upset the Gendarmerie- they will pay you back and very easily aswell. As I know too well.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should have done this... (see at 1 min mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX6rtYP3exY

My Bikes
    Baum Romano, Colossi xCr, Lynskey Crosstown
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've at least got to give the French cops some points for trying.

Capone was done for tax evasion, so perhaps we can get Contador for something else too!

On Some Far Away Beach After the Season is Over...
    My Bikes
    A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AzTallRider View Post
    Contador's hearing was postponed, so he is able to ride in the tour, which he will dominate.
    My money's on Chris Horner.

Any takers?

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
    My money's on Chris Horner.

Any takers?
    Chris is looking very strong, definitely a possible podium contender. But Contador looks like the strong favorite for the top spot. Andy Schleck has not shown me anything this year. I'd wouldn't be surprised to see him out of the top ten. Frank will likely finish higher. Bradley Wiggins could be on the podium this year. Should be an interesting Tour.
    Last edited by BluesDawg; 06-16-11 at 02:01 PM.

My Bikes
    2002 Lemond Zurich, 2006 Santa Cruz Superlight, 2010 Landshark, 2012 Santa Cruz Juliana, 2014 Juliana Premiero Origin 29er and last but not least, the "Frankenweenie"!
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AzTallRider View Post
    Just seems like you need to followup that comment with a "Bru-ha-ha-ha-ha"! evil laugh!

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

My Bikes
    Giant Propel, Cervelo P2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After watching him give away stage wins in the Giro, my money (and support because he showed class) is absolutely with the evil Mr. Contador.

"Bru-ha-ha-ha-ha"!

I think this will be a relatively PED-free TdF, due to the perception of improved testing, and AC needs it less than other contenders. I don't think it will be close.

I'll go with Horner for 2nd, and agree Andy looks weak, despite his saying he is right on track.
    "If you're riding less than 18 MPH up a 2% grade please tell people Coggan is coaching you."

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will agree that Contadour has to be favourite for the TDF. Don't think he will get a friendly response from the Fans though and the "Old" trick of a pump in the spokes may be attempted. But Cadell Evans. He seems to have a new lease of life with BMC and he "May" have the riders to back him up. His performance in the Dauphine was pretty good but I just feel that he was holding back Wheras Wiggins seemed to drop a bit of performance on a few days.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    Andy Schleck has not shown me anything this year. I'd wouldn't be surprised to see him out of the top ten. Frank will likely finish higher.
    I may have spoken too soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    I will agree that Contadour has to be favourite for the TDF. Don't think he will get a friendly response from the Fans though and the "Old" trick of a pump in the spokes may be attempted. But Cadell Evans. He seems to have a new lease of life with BMC and he "May" have the riders to back him up. His performance in the Dauphine was pretty good but I just feel that he was holding back Wheras Wiggins seemed to drop a bit of performance on a few days.

Or cattle on the course.
    Remember. It was reported that Alberto claimed that the French beef was no good so he had a friend bring some to him from Spain.
    Now of course the French cattle farmers were outraged.

If you watched Stage 6 of the Criterium du Dauphine you saw two very large cows come up out of a gully and sort of join the race. Causing a number of riders to crash.
    Was that training for the cows to enter the TDF as Alberto pedals by? Will the French farmers take revenge?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I myself have been stopped by the police (in the US) for riding in the dark without lights.
    Meh... I've been stopped by the police in the US for riding in the dark without pants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast