Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go Pro video camera on bike

My husband got a Go Pro mini video camera a few weeks ago and the house hasn't been the same since. He make a minimovie of a ride a few weeks ago complete with effects and music. oy. I thought you guys might like it or at least be mildly interested in the Go Pro camera that mounts anywhere:

My Bikes
    Giant Boulder SE, Fuji 3.0 Newest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed this. Beautiful scenery. Congratulations to your husband on his new camera, he did a nice job on this video.
    With God all things are possible.

Fuji Newest 3.0
    Giant Boulder!

http://app.strava.com/athletes/117694

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...Iqb/weight.png

My Bikes
    MASI Gran Criterium S & Guru steel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Motorcyclist, of which I am one, have been using these cameras for years. Lots of fun and a nice way to share a ride.

Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice video! I've been thinking about one of those.... can you post what specific GoPro gear he has, please?

There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And where is this video?

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

My Bikes
    1976 Apollo Mk IV, mid-'80s Miyata touring bike, mid-'80s Miyata mtn bike, 2007 Trek 6500 mtn bike, 2008 Trek Madone 5.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was enjoyable viewing.

My Bikes
    1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was cute.

Especially the "butt's eye view."
    Craig in Indy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok is there setting somewhere that shows the link because I see nothing.

2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a you tube video and I imbedded it right in the post. You should be able to see it? It was the upper part of the Santa Ana River Trail from Norco to Riverside California (Riverside County). The park is Fairmont Park. The trail is so long it goes down into Orange and LA counties to the ocean, but this is the farthest north part, although we did not go all the way to the end of it. I like it because it is quiet, no freeways, lots of horses and birds, more rural and less traveled than the parts in the big cities (and NO cars).

As far as equipment goes, he bought the basic GoPro camera and an optional mounting kit, which mounts just about anywhere. Here it is on the dog! LOL

My Bikes
    2011 Novara Forza Hybrid, 2005 Trek 820, 1975 Mundo Cycles Caloi Racer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoe GoPros are intriguing. So, can you set the zoom on them, or are they just set at one focal length? In other words, if I wanted to do those shots but zoom in a bit to get rid of the brifters, could I do that? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No zoom on my Go Pro. And i see no you tube link. There is an ad on the right side though
    Last edited by bigbadwullf; 06-17-11 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can set the resolution and how wide a field of view they have. They do not have a zoom that you can zoom in on automatically, but you can make the field of vision smaller. They also come with a water proof case for video under water. He removed the water proof seal so the sound was more audible, but the camera is still protected by the hard case. I put the dog video there so you can see what the little camera looks like. He is having a blast with it. It is mainly for viewing scenery, not for close ups of family and the like. They aren't very expensive all things considered and the video is high definition 1080P. The battery lasts about 2 hours and it takes a camera card that you have to buy separately

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...=go+pro+camera

bigbad, you must have a blocking program. Here is the link:

bike ride
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaiPolPMnQE
    Last edited by outwest5; 06-17-11 at 11:15 AM.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of you may have a situation like mine where certain sites like youtube, flickr etc. are blocked on the computers at work. I don't see imbedded pictures or videos from those sites when I am at work, but I can see them at home. One way to check this is to click "reply with quote" on the post that should contain the video. Then you should see the url to the imbedded content within the quoted text.

I look forward to seeing this when I get home. I want to get a video camera for recording on bike rides. I am undecided between Go Pro, Contour and a few other cameras.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely no blocking software. I am the boss and this is my personal lap top. I see all You Tube posts on other sites. Strange. Clicked on the link posted just above and I have to upgrade to Flash10. Maybe that is the problem? Just got a Flash update today but did not restart the computer. Still kinda strange.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwullf View Post
    Definitely no blocking software. I am the boss and this is my personal lap top. I see all You Tube posts on other sites. Strange. Clicked on the link posted just above and I have to upgrade to Flash10. Maybe that is the problem? Just got a Flash update today but did not restart the computer. Still kinda strange.
    That might be the problem then. He just posted them a day or two ago, so they were with the latest flash. Many computers are set to automatically update. Maybe yours is not?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice editing. Having attempted a few youtubes and the like, I know how much skill (more than I have) is needed to put that together. Good job!! Enjoyable.
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 06-17-11 at 06:03 PM.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your husband needs to pay more attention to where he is going. He keeps running off the trail.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    I think your husband needs to pay more attention to where he is going. He keeps running off the trail.

Yep. He was so busy trying to make his movie that he forgot a road bike doesn't do well in the dirt and took a little dump.