Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking podium spot for Levi

After watching the final time trial for the Tour de Suisse, I'm thinking Levi might get a podium spot in this year's TdF. It looks like he's strong enough and his Radio Shack team seems to have the talent to make it happen.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    Motobecane Gran Record, Motobecane touring, Cannondale CAAD4 r800, Fuji Finest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Go Levi!
    Go team Radio Shack!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's certainly possible for Levi to make the podium. His weakness is his inability to match accelerations on the climbs and that alone will keep him off the top step. But, his team and his TT strength will keep him close. I think we're starting to see a changing of the guard in cycling. There are several younger riders ready to make the leap up the GC and riders like Levi aren't getting any younger.
    FS: Shimano DA 7900 brake calipers, DA 7900 Crankset 50/34 175mm and BB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeWNC View Post
    It's certainly possible for Levi to make the podium. His weakness is his inability to match accelerations on the climbs and that alone will keep him off the top step. But, his team and his TT strength will keep him close. I think we're starting to see a changing of the guard in cycling. There are several younger riders ready to make the leap up the GC and riders like Levi aren't getting any younger.
    Yeah, this may be his last shot at a second podium spot in the TdF. I think it was 2008 when he was third.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That certainly was an exciting finish to an entertaining TDS. Felt bad for Cunego, though.

I wonder how Radio Shack will handle the situation with Chris Horner and Levi both coming into the tour with strong seasons and both looking like potential podium contenders. They have not handled that kind of thing well in the recent past.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    That certainly was an exciting finish to an entertaining TDS. Felt bad for Cunego, though.

I wonder how Radio Shack will handle the situation with Chris Horner and Levi both coming into the tour with strong seasons and both looking like potential podium contenders. They have not handled that kind of thing well in the recent past.
    That's a good point. I think that the TDS was a much tougher race the the TOC, and because Bruyneel agreed to let Horner train at home we don't know how he would have done. I suspect Bruyneel's thinking is to let them sort it out on the road during the race. And, you are correct, they've not handled this stuff real well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Horner knows his job will be to support the leader of the team. I'd be more worried about Kloden than Horner. While Horner is capable of a top ten finish in the Tour, I doubt he has podium potential. Besides, he is almost 40yo.
    FS: Shimano DA 7900 brake calipers, DA 7900 Crankset 50/34 175mm and BB

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Levi is a spring chicken at 38.

My Bikes
    Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both Levi and Chris will be eligible to post here in 2023 and we'll have a thread entitled something along the lines of "Inside the Peloton" as they duke it out with with the young twenty five year old wannabees. I always root for old guys. What's wrong with you people.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck, I'm definitely rooting for both of them. George and Jens as well. But rooting and predicting are two very different things.

Hanging On
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me be the first here to say that I'd like to see Cadel Evans on the podium this year. Shoot, I'd like to see him win it. I don't care for Contador or either of the Schlecks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm rootin' for two the baldies. But being a BMC rider myself, I'm liking Cadel too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Cuddles supporter here; sentimental, I know, but I really would like to see him place well or even take the race (unlikely, but you never know). I also think Wiggins may well be back in the mix this year ... beginning to show the form he had two years ago, and has a strong team. I don't care much for either Contador or the Schlecks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think it is very unlikely for Radio Shack to place in the top 5... THere is just too much competition-- there are about 6-7 guys who should finish ahead of Levi, Andreas and Horner.

train safe-