Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TDF Result spoiling

Some thing that has been done inadvertantly on the Forum and I was guilty of it once.

But just a request. If you want to comment on todays stage of the TDF- Please head the post as a "Spoiler". I take it that all of us that are interested will watch it at the same time but there some that have to watch a recording of todays events later and that could even be tomorrow.

Sorry to make such a request but there is nothing worse than watching a 5 hour recording in the evening when you already know the result.

And this header may even stop some from reading this posting- Just in case I have posted todays result----Which I haven't watched yet so hopefully I can watch a load of sweaty riders doing 190 kms along sun filled roads without too many accidents.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's-His-Name won the first stage. You know, that guy from Somewhere Else.
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rotfl . . .

My Bikes
    Cannondale T800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I especially hate it when someone puts the result right in the heading. I usually record the stages and avoid Bike Forums until I have watched it, because some people don't think..

My Bikes
    2008 Trek Madone 5.5, 2009 Cervelo R3SL tdf edition, Cervelo R5 with Di2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I have to avoid Facebook and Twitter during the day at work also, because of various updates from teams I've "liked." Not to mention not looking at Google News.

It's getting harder and harder to be willfully ignorant
    2009 Cervelo R3SL TdF Edition, Ultegra Di2
    2011 Cervelo R5, DA Di2

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think keeping results or anything that would indicate the results out of thread titles in a general forum is good courtesy. Also it would be decent to keep such references out of discussions on non tour related subjects. A thread title that mentions the race is fair enough warning for anyone not wanting to know about it to stay away. Same for a forum or subforum dedicated to race discussions.

I have gone through my Facebook settings and hidden posts from all the cycling related pages. It is like they all want to be the first one to tell the world what happened in a race. On key days like mountain top finishes, etc. I'm not going anywhere near the internet or a TV or a radio until I get home to watch the stage on DVR.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.