Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Weekend is off to a great start.

Alright, I worked four consecutive 12.5 hour night shifts starting at 05:00 p.m. on Friday afternoon. This morning I started my mid-week weekend at 05:00 a.m.

The commute home proved to be very peaceful since not many folks had to go to work today, and very comfortable with temperatures in the low 60's and almost clear skies. I meandered about in the various housing tracts in the Town of Greece working my way northward at a very leisurely pace. I spied a lot of rabbits, a red fox (four legged), too many squirrels, and very few cars.

Eventually I found myself on the Lake Ontario State Parkway trail (LOSP) riding eastward towards the Parkway Family Restaurant and the prospects of a hot breakfast and some fresh coffee.

Before I got to the restaurant though I felt compelled to make a brief stop. The few cars that were out probably were wondering why my "Fair Weather Commuter" was parked on this little bridge on the LOSP with its lights a flashin'.

Well it was there because I was intently watching the sun rise over Buck Pond!!

I eventually rode to the restaurant, which is right on the trail, and had a hot bowl of oatmeal and some fresh coffee. 75 minutes and 15 miles after I left work I had put the Volae away in the garage and was quietly slipping up the stairs for a wee little nap!!

Today, Life is Good!!
    Last edited by cranky old dude; 07-05-11 at 07:52 PM.

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked every weekend for 19 years (except for a couple off every year) and got a little overly-sensitive to people who unthinkingly say "Have a nice weekend!" to anyone and everyone on every Friday.
    In this case, Cranky, it's not Friday and I know you have the 'weekend' off. So..................Have a Nice Weekend!
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

My Bikes
    Trice Q; Volae Century; TT 3.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cranky old dude View Post
    . . . worked four consecutive 12.5 hour night shifts . . .
    It seems only right that ordeal end with a great ride. And you even stayed awake enough to enjoy it.
    George
    Laissez les bon temps rouler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful pics. And I know they don't do the actual scene any real justice.
    Oh, to have my fly rod at that moment!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)