Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 07-14-11, 04:02 AM   #1
ColinJ
"He must be crazy!"

Bikes: Road: Al Cannondale, Steel Basso. MTB: Steel hardtail.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A different kind of 'first century' post

So this is my 'first century' post but it's not about the bike - it is my 100th post on this forum.

I joined years ago but found the sheer size of the site overwhelming so I didn't come back until recently when I made the decision that I would concentrate on just 3 of the forums (This one, General Cycling Discussion and Road Cycling). That has made the site more manageable for me, given the limited free time I have to spend here. I log on most (UK) mornings and catch up on what has been going on in the previous 24 hours.

It is clearly a US-centric forum but that is a nice change from the UK-centric forums that I spend most of my time on (CycleChat and BikeRadar). It is good to read about what you get up to on the 'other side of the water' and I try to bring a little taste of my UK-cycling to you.

I am certainly tempted to come and cycle in the USA at least once before I'm too old and fragile to enjoy it - I'll have to start saving for the cycling holiday of a lifetime! If I do it, I'll make it a long trip and savour every mile of it.

If any of you are ever over in northern England in the Manchester or Leeds areas, you like slow, scenic rides and would like a guided tour of the hills round here, just let me know and we can try and arrange something!
ColinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 05:37 AM   #2
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If you do take up Colins offer of a ride- Make certain you have low gearing.

Found 50+ better for friends and I nearly made the trip a few years ago--Just as the recession hit so finances went.

Spike Milligan
stapfam is offline   Reply With Quote