Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

frame pump question

Does the Topeak Road Morph come with any method to mount it on a bike? If not, and you use one, how do you carry it?
    Craig in Indy

My Bikes
    3Rensho, Merlin XL, Melton custom, Michael Johnson tandem, Look 481SL, Pedal Force RS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Craig, you must grip it between your teeth whilst you ride around the countryside, much like a dog and his stick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todson, Inc.
    73 North Washington St.
    North Attleboro, MA 02760
    (800) 213-4561

I called Todson and asked the same question. The representative on the phone suggested that I order Topeak Part No. TPD-2C. $4.95. It is the bracket originally designed for the Topeak Master Blaster. It mounts under a bottle cage and will accept the Road Morph G. This was back in April '09. Perhaps they've developed an under-cage bracket by now. You'd think so, anyway. Using this bracket, you don't lose a bottle cage. As I understand it, Todson is the parts and service arm of Topeak.

I'm pleased with the Road Morph G.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered 2 a couple of months ago by phone and never got them. Guess I should follow up. I'll put it on the priority list. In the meantime, I have one on the top tube and the other on the seat tube using an old under bottle mount that is a bit too bog.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the Road Morph in May and it came with the mounting bracken pictured in t4mv's post!

My Bikes
    1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss kenton View Post
    I bought the Road Morph in May and it came with the mounting bracken pictured in t4mv's post!
    That's what I would have expected, but none of the web merchants I looked at said anything about it in their product descriptions, and Topeak's own website didn't, either. Which prompted my query.
    Craig in Indy

My Bikes
    Surly Long Haul Trucker, Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, Dahon Mu P 24 , Bacchetta Strada, Rodriguez Tandem
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss kenton View Post
    +1.. It does, and BTW its a great pump.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mount I received on my two road morphs - about a year ago, was one that required replacing the water bottle cage with the mount. IOW, you lost a water bottle and gained a mount.
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 07-15-11 at 06:22 AM.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the pump mounted under my top tube, with my cages on my seat tube and down tube. It is a great pump.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased one from Performance Bike, and while their web photo doesn't show and attachment hardware, it came with slips that mount behind water bottle cages, and a hook and loop strap.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    1959 Capo; 1980 Peugeot PKN-10; 1981 Bianchi; 1988 Schwinn KOM-10;
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Zefal HP-X, which, if selected in the proper length, fits along the seat tube and is held in place by spring compression against the bottom bracket and the top tube.
    "Early to bed, early to rise. Work like hell, and advertise." -- George Stahlman
    Capo [dschaw'-poe]: 1959 Modell Campagnolo, S/N 40324; 1960 Sieger, S/N 42624
    Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
    Bianchi: 1981 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
    Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069

My Bikes
    3Rensho, Merlin XL, Melton custom, Michael Johnson tandem, Look 481SL, Pedal Force RS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John E View Post
    I like the Zefal HP-X, which, if selected in the proper length, fits along the seat tube and is held in place by spring compression against the bottom bracket and the top tube.
    ... can also be mounted along the leading edge of the left seat stay. (allowing use of the seat tube bottle cage)

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Mini Morph and Mountain Morph both came with the plastic fittings that don't coexist with a cage. The Mountain Morph lives on our tandem in a Fastback Pump Pack where it will, hopefully, stay undisturbed in like-new condition for many years. Knock on wood.
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

My Bikes
    2011 Novara Forza Hybrid, 2005 Trek 820, 1975 Mundo Cycles Caloi Racer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This link will take you to Todson's website for the mount that uses the cage mounts, but still let's you use the water bottle cage. A tad pricey, once you consider the shipping, but well worth it if you absolutely need to keep both bottles and want a great tire pump. I don't like the "under the top tube" mout since I throw my bike on a trunk-mounted rack and it interferes with that. It's too easy for me to take the pump off and leave it behind or forget it after a ride.

http://store.todson.com/store/wb-bra...ex-tpd-2c.html

Personally, I think this should be the standard mount that comes with the Road Morph, for the price of the pump.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For any that do not want the Flat fairy visiting- do not comment on this post.

Have a road morph and a Mini Morph. That mini morph is small and will fit on the seat tube in place of a bottle cage on my sloping tube Boreas. Today I had a flat and this was the first time I have used the Mini Morph in anger. Previous pumps have only got me to 90 psi after a lot of effort and loss of energy. The mini Morph is short so not much air going in on each stroke. So fast pumping and then I used the foot steady when it got to some effort. No effort involved and I kept pumping till I felt the tyre was hard enough to ride on. Absolutely no effort required at all.

Got home and checked psi in the tyre. That mini Morph works--125psi.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan