Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prostatitis (yet another thread)

Since getting back in to riding I have noticed LESS AND LESS problems from this. And they say cycling makes it worse?

Just hoping this continues.
    Last edited by bigbadwullf; 07-20-11 at 09:44 AM.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

Humvee of bikes =Worksman Nightshade's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be that you just flat lucked out with your saddle being set just right for prostrate message instead of cutting off blood flow.

Just be mindful in case the bacteria that caused your illness spread due to the message.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate_massage
    My preferred bicycle brand is.......WORKSMAN CYCLES
    I dislike clipless pedals on any city bike since I feel they are unsafe.

Originally Posted by krazygluon
    Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
    Aluminum: barely a hundred, which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saddle set up may be a reason but on top of that you have been exercising more- drinking more and less time to think about body functions.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    It could be that you just flat lucked out with your saddle being set just right for prostrate message instead of cutting off blood flow.

Just be mindful in case the bacteria that caused your illness spread due to the message.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate_massage

After reading that, I'm wondering if I should be enjoying riding more than I am

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear that you're doing well.

Going in for my blood work Sarurday morning. It's a six month follow-up to my recent Cancer scare...they thought I had cancer but the biopsy came up negative. After reading about potential mild PSA level rise after cycling, sex, etc. I'm kinda taking things easy for the next few day as a precaution. I'm off the bike from Wednesday morning untill after the blood draw, I've told the wife she can stop running as I won't be chasing her for a short spell, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My Urologist appointment is August 4th. If I got all this mumbo-jumbo-VooDoo right it will be a non-eventful appointment, or not.

My Bikes
    specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny this subject would appear just after I had my physical yesterday. Got my psa results back and at 1.2 I'm pretty satisfied and the doc told me during "the test" everything feels normal. Well it didn't feel normal to me but the he wasn't the receiver.
    (Life is too short to play crappy guitars) 2006 Raleigh Cadent 3.0, 1977 Schwinn Volare, 2010 Windsor tourist. ( I didn't fall , I attacked the floor)

blt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwullf View Post
    Since getting back in to riding I have noticed LESS AND LESS problems from this. And they say cycling makes it worse?

Just hoping this continues.
    As I've mentioned once before, figuring out prostatitis is frustrating, there don't seem to be any definitive answers, and there are many contradictory pieces of advice out there. What works for one may be disastrous for another.

I also notice that my prostatitis tends to be better when I am putting more regular miles on the bike. But I know of others who are certain cycling makes them worse. So my firm opinion is, unless it makes you worse, cycle more.

My Bikes
    Surly Long Haul Trucker, Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, Dahon Mu P 24 , Bacchetta Strada, Rodriguez Tandem
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As BLT has said, it is frustrating, I do believe and two uruologists have told me that in their opinions riding, or any excersie for that matter is a good thing for the prostate

My Bikes
    Specialized
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear youre doing great Wulf.
    Good luck Lenny,,,,
    If you want a lighter bike ? Eat more salads !!!!