Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hows the Training going on?

I have to admit that Even with the low number of rides I have got in this year- I think I am ready for it. 14 days left before the event and I just can't wait for it to come.

Getting in a 50 miler on Sundays and this coming week I should be able to get in a few more hills and a couple of rides at speed. Next week I may cut the milage a bit on the bike but The training will still have to continue. Don't want to cut back on the training as it is too enjoyable but It all depends on what you all think.

The event is in two saturdays time- the 3rd saturday in September and I have been waiting a full year for it. Not certain if I can handle it but I have raised the training a couple of Notches up to Fruits of the Forest Crumble with Hot Custard so I reckon I can handle it.

So what do you think? Will I be able to handle my first taste of Blueberry Pie? And Do I have cream or custard with it?
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'll do just fine. I have every confidence in your ability.

Craig in Indy

My Bikes
    Lynskey R230, S-Works Epic, Bianchi Speciale, Tricross Expert
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem with your fitness so the ride will go fine. My vote goes to some nice Double Devon Cream.
    Ionnsaich aig casan latha an-d, bi be airson latha an-diugh, bi an dchas airson latha a-maireach.

My Bikes
    Raleigh Venture 3.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been my experience that if you can do currents, blueberries should be a piece of cake.

And, speaking of cake, I've worked myself up to an apple cake this weekend. I'll put together a lemon custard pie this week to build up to the big event.

oh... and the riding is going ok also...
    "Why is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a barbecue?" Anonymous