User Tag List

My Bikes
    2011 Specialized Sectuer, 1988 Bianchi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iceing lumbar vertebral region...

After a ride helps manage the little aches and pains when resting. I started iceing my lower lumbar region and the soreness in my gluteus medius, knees and even my elbows has dissapated. Wanted to share this with BF members who might be suffering a bit.
    Official member of the Brotherhood of Clyde...

Lets stop diabetes! Click here: http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/?px...nal&fr_id=8067 to donate to the Tour de Cure.

My Bikes
    Too Numerous (not)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. Ice is amazing. When I'm maxed out on Aleve and still getting local or radiating pain I use ice. When I finish long rides I apply ice automatically. I don't wait for the pain. Been doing this for years with excellent results.
    David Green, Naperville, IL USA "The older I get, the better I used to be" --Lee Trevino

Humvee of bikes =Worksman Nightshade's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teachme View Post
    After a ride helps manage the little aches and pains when resting. I started iceing my lower lumbar region and the soreness in my gluteus medius, knees and even my elbows has dissapated. Wanted to share this with BF members who might be suffering a bit.
    Two things here, first are you sure your bike is "fitted" to you? Second,do you have undiagnosed arthritis?
    My preferred bicycle brand is.......WORKSMAN CYCLES
    I dislike clipless pedals on any city bike since I feel they are unsafe.

Originally Posted by krazygluon
    Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
    Aluminum: barely a hundred, which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?

My Bikes
    Kestrel RT1000 & Calfee Tandem
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following on nightshade, Number Three. Is your core strength really strong? Your back is your fusebox. All the electrical impulses go through it. Get it checked out by a real doc, not a chiropractor. If no damage, seek out a NASM certified trainer. He, she will get you really strong.
    After back surgery on L4 and 5, and another back injury that was inoperable, I went through what I call post rehabilitation rehabilitation. Generally insurance will only cover rehab on the affected area. There is more to it than that. When I first started post-rehab, I could do 12 reps of Romanian deadlifts with 25 lbs. Now I use 160-180 lbs and do three sets of 12. Situps on the ball pulling 80 lbs of weight are no problem. Lots of other exercises to get me to this point. Long and short of it is no more back pain, either on or off the bike. Even long 200 milers are no problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pitched baseball from Little League thru college and after. From roughly age 9 to 32. I iced my arm enough to cause a shortage of ice. I swore when I stopped pitching I would never go thru that misery again and I haven't. Riding a bus for hours packed in ice was not any fun. I'm not about to do it again(short of real injury). But that is just me. Carry on.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a cure for this- Ride in the winter and get up on the hills.

Never get any aches in the winter--Just frostbite.

Have had a Problem with my knees for years and the Physio recommended Heat-- The big heat you get from the the "Sonic" lamps. The next thing he said was--If that doesn't work Try ice packs. Don't use either now- just exercise.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First item in self-care: R.I.C.E.
    It is better to smell the flowers than taste the roots.