Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 09-14-11, 01:27 PM   #1
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Woo-Hoo

Bump first of all for the PieRide on Saturday

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...-Pie-Ride-2011

Been on Holiday since 3rd September and other than the 30 mile commute back from work--I have not been on the bike since. Few problems came in and Main one was My Son-in-Law--- Ross. He has an Eye problem and he had his Cornea Transplant on the 6th. Since then there has been some severe Baby Sitting going on due to a few complications but things are finally getting back on track. There have been a few occasions when I could have got out but we have the residue of a couple of your Tornados. This years one starting with a "K"- hit the North of England and all we had in the South was wind-- I do not ride in 40mph winds- even if it may be a tailwind for part of the ride.

But I may be reprieved on the baby sitting tomorrow morning--Sun is expected and a 3mph wind from the South. Thinking about putting the lights on the bike for an early start- just in case I am required again suddenly and urgently.

Spike Milligan
stapfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-11, 03:11 PM   #2
rck

Bikes: cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Drat-due to a sudden committment, I'll need to do my pie ride tomorrow, fri or sunday. Who knew that eating pie could prove so burdensome?
rck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-11, 05:04 PM   #3
skilsaw

Bikes: Cannondale t1, Koga-Miyata World Traveller
RCK,
The French and Russian Judges on the pie ride flash secret signals back and forth and conspire to disqualify pie riders who are not French or Russian.

Your only hope is to ride for pie all three days to show that you are truly a member of the ride for pie fraternity.
skilsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-11, 05:36 PM   #4
AzTallRider 
I need speed

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cervelo P2
I'll be in New Orleans this weekend, so I'll have to defer the pie ride. Or maybe I'll have the pie this weekend, and ride later? :-) Although the desert I really like to have there is Dobash Cake. OMG it's good.

Stapfam, I hope the weekend works out well for you!
Old 09-15-11, 05:49 PM   #5
rck

Bikes: cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilsaw View Post
RCK,
The French and Russian Judges on the pie ride flash secret signals back and forth and conspire to disqualify pie riders who are not French or Russian.

Your only hope is to ride for pie all three days to show that you are truly a member of the ride for pie fraternity.
I tried! I really tried! I rode 45 miles today including a fair bit of climbing-ouch! many rail trail miles and not enough road/hill work. I stopped at a coffee shop in a small town and not only no pie, but no baked goods at all, except for granola bars, truly a pale substitute for the real thing. On the other hand-there is always tomorrow and as you say sunday as well. I will consider it penance for having missed saturday and shoot for pie on both days.
rck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-11, 06:03 PM   #6
NOS88

Bikes:
It's clear you are a dedicated family man. I hope you get that ride in and, yes, whoo hoo indeed!
Old 09-16-11, 08:41 AM   #7
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi USMC

Bikes: 2012 CAAD 10 3 Ultegra, 1978 Medici Pro Strada
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
From a United States Marine to a Royal Marine "Just suck it up and ride" Seriously, I hope you do get some time to ride but family comes first at all times. Your SOL is in my prayers for his recovery. Semper Fi!

Bill
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

I did not choose to have Parkinson's Disease, but I can choose to not allow it to control my life. Its all up to me to overcome the trials, adapt and overcome!
qcpmsame is offline   Reply With Quote