Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have got to get a head cam

That ride last Sunday- Son-in-Law took a hand held Vid on his I Phone and shows part of the ride along the Bottom of the Downs. This track used to be MUD and was a Farm track for the big tractors. The ruts were 3ft deep and if you were fool enough to ride in the wheel ruts- Your shoulders would rub on the side of the ruts.

Thanks to the Conservation rules and Health and Safety- those mud tracks have been filled in with rubble and hardpack so the walkers won't get their boots muddy. H & S has taken the fun out of the Offroad rides now.

And as you can see- Autumn is late this year. No colours on the trees except dirty green.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I always say on "groomed trails". That looks like a highway

Might recommend the Go-Pro HD. Pretty good little unit. No "instant gratification" though because it has no view screen. Everything must be downloaded to a computer and manipulated from there. Nice thing about smart phones is the ability to send the video directly to You Tube/ wherever and view it immediately.

i-phone owners love to hold their phones vertical for some reason.
    Last edited by bigbadwullf; 10-17-11 at 02:56 PM.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right-Found a vid of part of the South Downs Way by another Mountain Biker. This is typical of the western end of the way wheras our end is more open Moors.

The western end is singletrack and H & S hasn't got there yet. Reckon this is at 50 miles in at Amberley- still another 50 to go.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that is more like real trail!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...S/exercise.png

2012 Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid Compact
    2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Crank Bros pedals, wireless cateye. Specialized body geometric seat(uh, saddle)

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwullf View Post
    Now that is more like real trail!
    Naah--Thats all downhill and easy. BD says the same- you never get pics of the good stuff on Mountain biking. You can't stop to take pics as you are enjoying yourself too much and stopping will break the rhythm. But that trail in the 2nd Vid is part of the 100 mile Ride I used to do--Except it is Uphill when we do it.

Now with a head cam--you would be able to see how slowly I can go uphill without falling off the bike.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, pretty much a dirt road more than a singletrack trail. But I did like the tunnel effect and the sense of speed.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When $$ allows I need a head cam myself. Yesterday I rode up on a wild female turkey at the edge of the road.
    She took off running beside the road, for about 40-50 yards, then took flight to a tree limb. Was a sight, they don't fly well.
    I kept going and let her be, then a large woodpecker buzzed my head, must have had a nest nearby.
    In my truck, I'd have never seen any of this, I'm enjoying the return to riding in ways I never thought.

My Bikes
    Fuji Absolute 4.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stepfam
    I have been using a key chain camera lately. cheap but it works. 808 key chain camera. do some research before you purchase. not all sellers are selling the same thing for this camera. I use velcro to attach to helmet and it works. that way you can test it before you invest in a bigger camera. after using this daily on my commutes (this is just in case I have any problems with cars etc I have a recording of what happened.) reviewing the video is a challenge. vertigo is not fun. watching the video gives me vertigo. but for my purpose I can see license plates, model / color of car, road conditions etc. the one I have is amazingly clear. have to purchase your own memory card for it. your choice. records about 40 minutes before battery quits. for a quick ride it is nice. usb charging works well. bigger camera's may run longer but for a test to see if you really want to get into this it was worth it for me. YMMV
    Georgia state law stating that bicyclists “May Use Full Lane” when lane widths are not wide enough for motorists to safely pass cyclists and stay completely within the travel lane. (now all I have to do is convince GA drivers to read the law).

Cannondale Synapse 6.

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased the Contour Roam HD and it will arrive tomorrow. http://contour.com/products/contour-roam It can be mounted on the helmet or the bike handlebar. The battery life is approximately 3 1/2 hours and it is water proof / shock resistant. I also plan to use it for Skiing and mount the cam on my helmet.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein