Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Rapture Friday Ride (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/776838-rapture-friday-ride.html)

Shifty 10-21-11 08:51 AM

Rapture Friday Ride
 
That's right, it's doomsday according to a radio preacher, so who's getting in a ride today, just in case it our last? This is the same radio preacher who predicted the rapture for May of this year, he corrected his math and today's the day.
I'l be riding out of Eugene to ride along beautiful Fall Creek, I've always called that area "God's Country", so seems fitting. :lol:

PatW 10-21-11 10:43 AM

Yeah, but isn't he cheating? Seems to me one gets just one chance at predicting the END OF THE WORLD. If it doesn't pan out, then no more chances.

Barrettscv 10-21-11 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatW (Post 13395580)
Yeah, but isn't he cheating? Seems to me one gets just one chance at predicting the END OF THE WORLD. If it doesn't pan out, then no more chances.

These guys never run out of chances!

I'll ride today, on Hwy 666. I hope I don't burst into flames.

Don Gwinn 10-21-11 10:57 AM

The one in May wasn't his first bite at the apple, either.

bobbycorno 10-21-11 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Gwinn (Post 13395656)
The one in May wasn't his first bite at the apple, either.

"Thank you for playing; please try again."

SP
Bend, OR

freedomrider1 10-21-11 11:36 AM

I was going to rake leaves today.If this is the end i better go for a ride. problem solved.

rck 10-21-11 12:12 PM

If I survive today, I'll ride for pie tomorrow.:D

Bikey Mikey 10-21-11 12:12 PM

Got my ride in today, tomorrow is either a rest day for one day, or permanently. I predict I'll be riding on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, with Saturday the day before Halloween being another rest day.

Dan Burkhart 10-21-11 12:16 PM

http://i56.tinypic.com/212vl29.jpg

B. Carfree 10-21-11 01:55 PM

I do wish the good nutcase would alter his prediction on account of my being sick. I really don't want to die in bed. I guess with his track record I'm safe.

Have a fun ride, Shifty. Great weather for a ride, again. This warm, dry Fall has definitely made up for our soggy Spring.

bobbycorno 10-21-11 02:02 PM

You guys are getting it all wrong: it's not the end of the world, it's The Rapture. Only the "good" folks are going away. The rest of us get the place to ourselves.

BTW - everybody still here? ;-)

SP
Bend, OR

Dan Burkhart 10-21-11 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbycorno (Post 13396542)
You guys are getting it all wrong: it's not the end of the world, it's The Rapture. Only the "good" folks are going away. The rest of us get the place to ourselves.

BTW - everybody still here? ;-)

SP
Bend, OR

Guess we'll have to do a roll call tomorrow. I fully expect to be here with the rest of you sinners.

JanMM 10-21-11 04:39 PM

Passed this fellow on the Hilly Hundred last weekend. ( I mean, The Last Weekend?) Jesus is Coming, The End is Near, Ready or Not. Don't know if by near he meant today.
See y'all in the morning!

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z.../IMG_3388b.jpg

gcottay 10-21-11 05:41 PM

So far, all our friends and neighbors still seem to be here but some of us are going to a favorite haunt this evening.

Daspydyr 10-21-11 06:39 PM

Beware of Prophets who claim to know what time it is, but don't own a watch.

skilsaw 10-21-11 07:01 PM

Na, ya got it wrong.
George Noory on "Coast to Coast AM" radio said November 11, 2011 is the date. It can be written 2011/11/11. A number like that, you know the date is significant! Unless it is supposed to be "2012/12/12" in which case we have just a year to repent. On the other hand, the Myan Calendar and George Noory say the end is coming sometime in September, next year.

Google coasttocoastam or find them on your late night radio dial. It's good for a laugh.

"I know all ... but I have not revealed it so far. It will be slowly revealed by me because people have not been prepared yet to become capable of absorbing it."

The
Paraclete Shri Mataji
Bombay, India — February 26, 1987

qcpmsame 10-21-11 07:03 PM

Man I am glad we rode this afternoon:twitchy:. I'd hate to go out on a low note:innocent:.

Bill

BlazingPedals 10-21-11 07:11 PM

I'm still here. I've got dibs on any carbon recumbents that become available!

If I can't ride my bikes in Heaven, then I'll just hang out here for a while longer.

Dan Burkhart 10-21-11 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skilsaw (Post 13397702)
Na, ya got it wrong.
George Noory on "Coast to Coast AM" radio said November 11, 2011 is the date. It can be written 2011/11/11. A number like that, you know the date is significant! Unless it is supposed to be "2012/12/12" in which case we have just a year to repent. On the other hand, the Myan Calendar and George Noory say the end is coming sometime in September, next year.

Google coasttocoastam or find them on your late night radio dial. It's good for a laugh.

"I know all ... but I have not revealed it so far. It will be slowly revealed by me because people have not been prepared yet to become capable of absorbing it."

The
Paraclete Shri Mataji
Bombay, India — February 26, 1987

Noooo! can't be that day. That's my birthday. I'll have to call George and tell him to postpone.

Daspydyr 10-22-11 12:39 PM

HEEEEEEYYYY! i'M GONE, OUUTTTTA HERE! I got raptured last night. And the good news is the have the internet and laptops up here and everything! woohoo! Anyone else???????? :innocent::innocent::innocent:

aRoudy1 10-22-11 02:21 PM

Yep! I'm in Heaven!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...y/DSCN0314.jpg

lookinUp 10-22-11 03:15 PM

Rapture+1 ?????


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:21 PM.