Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Said goodbye to a fine man today

I posted last week about my neighbor and friend passing well today was his funeral. It was a moving tribute to a man that loved not only cycling but baseball and motorcycles and people in general. He will be missed by family and friends but most of all by his wife of only a bit over a year. His goal was for them to be married at least a year so she would qualify for his retirement benefits. Well they made it so she is going to be financially taken care of. Don never did anything halfway he was all in all the time. God bless you Don may you rest in peace my friend.
    (Life is too short to play crappy guitars) 2006 Raleigh Cadent 3.0, 1977 Schwinn Volare, 2010 Windsor tourist. ( I didn't fall , I attacked the floor)

Banned.
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for your loss, Godspeed to Don from NW Florida cyclist and motorcyclist. You original thread on Don was really nice.

Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just gave a fine tribute to your friend. No one could ask for more.
    It is better to smell the flowers than taste the roots.

My Bikes
    specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His Nephew gave the most vivid account of his relationship with Don. I don't think any nephew and uncle could have been closer than they were. His stories were hilarious and serious but poignant all at the same time. He had the church in stitches a couple of times. At the end of the service just before the benediction the music ensemble led the whole church in "Take me out to the ball game" I don't think there was a dry eye in the place. I know mine weren't
    (Life is too short to play crappy guitars) 2006 Raleigh Cadent 3.0, 1977 Schwinn Volare, 2010 Windsor tourist. ( I didn't fall , I attacked the floor)

Motorcycle RoadRacer cehowardGS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP to your neighbor and friend, and from your description, he lived a full life.

Not only that, IMO, we should all take notice, that every one of these years, months, weeks, days, even seconds are very, very precious.
    2001 Raleigh R700
    1996 Litespeed Classic
    1995 Klein Quantum
    1989 Cannondale Black Lightning
    1988 Centurion Expert Ironman
    1989 Centurion Master Ironman
    1986 Schwinn Prelude(Beater)
    1986 Raleigh Grand Prix(Beater2)
    1985 Raleigh Prestige
    1985 Raleigh Competition
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #1
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #2 (project #1)
    1985 Raleigh Super Course (project #4)
    1979 Raleigh Competition GS-1

2007 Suzuki GSX R1K (commuter)
    http://www.cehoward.net/pretty.jpg
    74,Old,Dirty,&Fast

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy rode the Daffodil classic this year and for him doing the 40 mile would normally be a warm up. He was in the midst of this horrible disease and had done a round a chemo and a couple of days later had brain surgery to remove another tumor. He just would not let go of the things he loved. Man I only wish I had that kind of fortitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stringbreaker,
    I'm sorry for the loss of a good friend. And from the description of the church service, it sounds like he was quite a guy.

Live your life to the fullest, finish strong and don't let the temporal distract you from the eternal.

My Bikes
    1959 Capo; 1980 Peugeot PKN-10; 1981 Bianchi; 1988 Schwinn KOM-10;
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for posting, and please accept my heartfelt condolences on your loss.

I spent the weekend visiting my father, who has terminal pancreatic cancer. He is in very good spirits, and his appetite is just returning one week after a 5-week regimen of chemo and radiation. I think the trip did all of us -- my father, my stepmother, my wife, and me -- a lot of good, and we were blessed with perfect weather and beautiful Utah Wasach Front fall colors.
    "Early to bed, early to rise. Work like hell, and advertise." -- George Stahlman
    Capo [dschaw'-poe]: 1959 Modell Campagnolo, S/N 40324; 1960 Sieger, S/N 42624
    Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
    Bianchi: 1981 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
    Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069

Banned
    My Bikes
    2011 Giant Defy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP to what sounds like a good man that fulfilled his wishes and lightened the lighten the life's of many others.