Banned
    My Bikes
    2011 Giant Defy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larwyn View Post
    Nope! Never worry about damaging the dog, just worry about the dog's owner damaging you in retaliation! You people are full of it.

There seems to have been quite a bit of imagination involved in creating some of the fairy tales posted in this thread. No doubt inspired by all the video games which have replaced real life experiences for many of the worlds less fortunate souls. If some of you had been given a dog and the responsibility of caring for it instead of a TV, a video game, an I pod or a cell phone, you would have a better grasp of reality. It is amazing how ignorance of the canine world can result in the ignorant spreading such large helpings of bovine waste.
    I think your'e full of it, how's that? I've had K-9's all my life, my neighbor was a K-9 handler for the LAPD. I have always "Properly socialized my dogs" and trained them where our property begins & ends, & if they ever strayed out of that space, a "Stay in the yard" command was all it took to get em back. And if some **** for brains owner wants to settle the score with me for decapitating his improperly trained dog after it bit me & after the Police had written him a citation for and unrestrained aggressive dog and my attorney simultaneously was serving him with a letter of intent to sue him for everything he owned. You don't have to live in Texas to have a shotgun larwyn. The last video game i played was Asteroids at Straw Hat Pizza in 1977, I have never owned an I Pod & the only reason I have a cell phone is to keep in touch with my with my family in case some morbidly obese redneck has a stroke while he's driving and runs me off the road. Welcome to the 21st century!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Mac View Post
    I think your'e full of it, how's that? I've had K-9's all my life, my neighbor was a K-9 handler for the LAPD. I have always "Properly socialized my dogs" and trained them where our property begins & ends, & if they ever strayed out of that space, a "Stay in the yard" command was all it took to get em back. And if some **** for brains owner wants to settle the score with me for decapitating his improperly trained dog after it bit me & after the Police had written him a citation for and unrestrained aggressive dog and my attorney simultaneously was serving him with a letter of intent to sue him for everything he owned. You don't have to live in Texas to have a shotgun larwyn. The last video game i played was Asteroids at Straw Hat Pizza in 1977, I have never owned an I Pod & the only reason I have a cell phone is to keep in touch with my with my family in case some morbidly obese redneck has a stroke while he's driving and runs me off the road. Welcome to the 21st century!
    How's that? That's fine by me. If you entertain yourself by inviting dogs to bite you so you can "decapitate them with your K-bar" I reckon I'll just sit here shaking in my boots hoping you never find your way to Texas. Other than that your post appears to be filled with incomplete thoughts and unrelated references to shotguns, red necks and pizza joints. I never addressed anyone directly but your reply indicates that you feel that my post somehow applies to you.
    Larry

It is truly amazing how intelligent we think a person is when he agrees with us.

Banned
    My Bikes
    2011 Giant Defy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larwyn View Post
    How's that? That's fine by me. If you entertain yourself by inviting dogs to bite you so you can "decapitate them with your K-bar" I reckon I'll just sit here shaking in my boots hoping you never find your way to Texas. Other than that your post appears to be filled with incomplete thoughts and unrelated references to shotguns, red necks and pizza joints. I never addressed anyone directly but your reply indicates that you feel that my post somehow applies to you.
    You were pissing on everyone & everything as if you were the dog whisperer, I just happened to be the 1st person that didn't appreciate being pissed on. & if your so drunk that you don't recall making references to everything invented since the wheel, well all the explaining in the world won't help you. & I own plenty of property in Texas, as a matter of fact, I head on out that way every time I have to turn over one of my homes for the next tenant. Hell Lar Bear I probably rent to you, nah you couldn't afford it. I love Texas & Texans, some of the best friends I have are in Texas. At the same time some of the lowest, "dumbest" people I have ever met were in Texas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about that, but I rent from no one, and unless you are typing from the grave, I did not buy this place from you. The gadgets which I mentioned are the ones which, in my opinion (when used to excess), reduce the users awareness of what is happening around them and robs them of the lessons of actually experiencing reality. I suspect that, based on your method of dealing with dogs, it's a really good thing that you do not live in the same state as your renters. Anyway, have a nice day and "happy head hunting".
    Larry

It is truly amazing how intelligent we think a person is when he agrees with us.

My Bikes
    2011 Specialized Sectuer, 1988 Bianchi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Official member of the Brotherhood of Clyde...

Lets stop diabetes! Click here: http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/?px...nal&fr_id=8067 to donate to the Tour de Cure.

My Bikes
    Norco Bushpilot (out of commission), Raleigh Delta
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I guess I was right when I said, there are no bad dogs, only bad dog owners.

Banned
    My Bikes
    2011 Giant Defy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogster View Post
    So I guess I was right when I said, there are no bad dogs, only bad dog owners.
    Truer words have never been spoken. And the incident I experienced, had it been my daughter or wife they would have panicked, further heightening the dogs prey instinct. They would have been bitten possibly mauled by this 70 to 80lb rabid dog. He didn't have rabies but was certainly acting like he had rabies. fortunately it was me that the dog chose to attack, now when he tries to jump the fence and goes into one of his mad dog behaviors while I ride my bike by his house, I just yell shut the f up and he sits down and shuts up. I feel sorry for the dog he is always alone and never leaves the yard. My dog never leaves one of our sides unless we go somewhere dogs are not allowed, and if the weather permits he is more happy sitting in the car waiting, than sitting at home.

My Bikes
    1986 Cannondale SR300 (full SRAM Apex) 1996 Cannondale R800 (Full SRAM Rival), 1997 Cannondale R200 (Shimano Tiagra), 2012 Cannondale CAAD 10-5, 1992 Bridgestone RB-1 (SRAM Force)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every once in a while I get a chance to face up to an aggressive dog that insisted on following me (running, cycling they never follow me, yet). Most dogs turn around and start to run away, but them immediately start chasing once I back down. It's a no win.

As long as they are leashed I don't care. If not, I make a note of the house number and or approximate location and call animal control when I get home. . or if I have my phone, right then and there. Take a picture, too. Done.

$35 to file a small claim (up to $5000 in damages) if something were to go. . awry.

That's me being neighborly.

If I were being otherwise, It would be a certain Taurus Model 941 Ultra-Lite Magnum. And I loathe wasting ammo.
    Last edited by dwellman; 10-26-11 at 11:37 AM. Reason: addendum
    "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize"
    "So I do not run like someone who doesn't run toward the finish line. I do not fight like a boxer who hits nothing but air."
    "And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us."
    "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

My Bikes
    2011 Specialized Sectuer, 1988 Bianchi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truer words have never been spoken. And the incident I experienced, had it been my daughter or wife they would have panicked, further heightening the dogs prey instinct. They would have been bitten possibly mauled by this 70 to 80lb rabid dog. He didn't have rabies but was certainly acting like he had rabies. fortunately it was me that the dog chose to attack, now when he tries to jump the fence and goes into one of his mad dog behaviors while I ride my bike by his house, I just yell shut the f up and he sits down and shuts up. I feel sorry for the dog he is always alone and never leaves the yard. My dog never leaves one of our sides unless we go somewhere dogs are not allowed, and if the weather permits he is more happy sitting in the car waiting, than sitting at home.
    Dang!! Sounds like a rough neighborhood.
    Official member of the Brotherhood of Clyde...

Lets stop diabetes! Click here: http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/?px...nal&fr_id=8067 to donate to the Tour de Cure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is better than a classic chain lube thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VertigoFlyer View Post
    I've had my own share of run ins with evil demon possessed dogs. Here is a unique method for dealing with them:

Big Dog Bark!!

BTW this Blog happens to be one of my favorites. I read it daily! No it's not mine...

Love that blog. It was funny because it fit me to a tee. After thirty years of riding road bikes I no longer listen to other peoples 'stellar' advice. No water bottle tricks, or prpper spray for me. No hard sprints to outrun the dog either. All that does is get my HR too high and ruin my ride. Can I out sprint a dog? - You betcha I can,....but I wont!

I dont advise riders to do as I do because its too dangerous. Most people should just use the water bottle trick, or pepper spray, and hope for the best. For me, its different. Nothing pisses me off more than some stupid dog running after me, wanting to bite me and cause me pain, all the while not bothering that dog in the least. Hell, I'm just out riding my bike. Small 'yapper' dogs? I just unclip a foot and kick him in the face, then proceed about my business. Medium or larger dogs are treated different. They get what they're looking for in spades. Generally I just 'lock-em up' and come off the bike, running full steam right at 'em, loudly ordering them to 'lay down' while pointing my finger at them. Most of the time this seems to work pretty good, but you have to come off the bike meaning business. I dont mean just halfway either. I mean all out, full tilt, mad dog pissed off. You gotta make that dog a 'believer'.

If you have a lock-blade knife that would be good too, in case he attacks, then you just shove it in him. If not, then you you're going to have to break him apart and suffer some collateral damage. Granted, I'm just like you guys. I want to ride my bike and have fun, but no dog on god's green earth is going to scare or intimidate me to change my course.

but thats just me.
    ~ "I like the way the brake cables come out of the top of the levers and loop around to the brake calipers!...I like those downtube shifters too!...No no no, don't take 'em off, don't take 'em off,...leave 'em on, leave 'em on! - Thats right baby!!

~BF - Steel Club Member #00051

Banned
    My Bikes
    2011 Giant Defy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wino Ryder View Post
    Love that blog. It was funny because it fit me to a tee. After thirty years of riding road bikes I no longer listen to other peoples 'stellar' advice. No water bottle tricks, or prpper spray for me. No hard sprints to outrun the dog either. All that does is get my HR too high and ruin my ride. Can I out sprint a dog? - You betcha I can,....but I wont!

I dont advise riders to do as I do because its too dangerous. Most people should just use the water bottle trick, or pepper spray, and hope for the best. For me, its different. Nothing pisses me off more than some stupid dog running after me, wanting to bite me and cause me pain, all the while not bothering that dog in the least. Hell, I'm just out riding my bike. Small 'yapper' dogs? I just unclip a foot and kick him in the face, then proceed about my business. Medium or larger dogs are treated different. They get what they're looking for in spades. Generally I just 'lock-em up' and come off the bike, running full steam right at 'em, loudly ordering them to 'lay down' while pointing my finger at them. Most of the time this seems to work pretty good, but you have to come off the bike meaning business. I dont mean just halfway either. I mean all out, full tilt, mad dog pissed off. You gotta make that dog a 'believer'.

If you have a lock-blade knife that would be good too, in case he attacks, then you just shove it in him. If not, then you you're going to have to break him apart and suffer some collateral damage. Granted, I'm just like you guys. I want to ride my bike and have fun, but no dog on god's green earth is going to scare or intimidate me to change my course.

but thats just me.
    If you don't have a blade and the dog doesn't buy your rage and does attack you, grip a paw like you would shake a mans hand and with all your might crush it, grind those little bones into littler bones. A dogs paw is one of, if not the most sensitive parts of a dog. I don't know if it would work on a demon possessed Pit, but I give it a 90+% chance of success on most any other breed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12